Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 Bài 7: The mass media
Unit 7: The mass media
Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 Bài 7: The mass media
Đề luyện 2:
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest
1. a. decision b. excite c. alive d. spite
2. a. great b. steak c. feature d. breakable
3. a. voice b. noise c. destroy d. tone
4. a. nature b. channel c. change d. newspaper
5. a. shyness b. syllable c. multiply d. reply
II. Choose the one word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that best completes the sentence or subtitutes for the underlined word or phrase
6. The President escaped through a secret passage underneath the parliament building.
A. answer B. hidden
C. confidence D. basis
7. Which channel do you recommend to someone who likes animals?
A. suggest B. tell
C. speak D. talk
8. There are many good __________ programmes on VTV6.
A. documents B. documentary
C. documental D. documentation
9. Students say it is helpful if teachers _________ their pronunciation.
A. correct B. correction C. corrective D. correctly
10. Many locals are _______ opposed to the development.A. strength B. strong C. strengthen D. strongly
III. Read the passage below carefully, and then select the correct option A, B, C or D:
The World Wide Web was developed by British physicist and computer scientist Timothy Berners-Lee as a project within the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, Switzerland. Berners-Lee combined several existing ideas into a single system to make it easier for physicists to use data on the Internet. Most important, he added multimedia—the ability to include graphics—to the hyperlink concept found in a previous Internet service known as gopher. Berners-Lee had begun working with hypertext in the early 1980s. An early prototype implementation of the Web became operational at CERN in 1989, and the idea quickly spread to universities in the rest of the world.
Groups at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign researched and extended Web technology. They developed the first browser that was used at many sites, named Mosaic, in 1993. To allow the Web to be accessed from a wide variety of computer systems, researchers built multiple versions of Mosaic. Each version was designed to be used with a specific operating system, the software that controls the computer. Within a year, computer programmer Marc Andreessen had formed a commercial company, Netscape Communications Corporation, to build and sell Web technologies.
gopher (n.): chuột túi, sóc túi má
prototype (n.): người (vật) đầu tiên, nguyên mẫu
implementation (n.): sự thi hành, sự thực hiện đầy đủ; sự bổ sung
operational (adj.): thuộc hoạt động, thao tác; có thể có hiệu lực
11. The World Wide Web was developed by _________ .
A. an American B. a British C. a Canadian D. a French
12. The scientist who developed the World Wide Web was majoring in ___________.
A. math and physics
B. math and computer
C. computer and physics
D. math, physics and computer
13. Which sentence below is not correct?
A. Timothy Berners-Lee spoke English very well.
B. Timothy Berners-Lee was born in Geneva, Switzerland.
C. Timothy Berners-Lee was the first person to develop WWW.
D. Some existing ideas were combined into a single system by him.
14. Which word means “a connection that allows you to move easily between two computer documents or two pages on the Internet”?
A. graphic B. datum C. project D. hyperlink
15. Which sentence is not correct?
A. “hypertext” means “a way of joining a word or image to another page, document, etc. on the Internet or in another computer program so that you can move from one to the other easily”
B. Berners-Lee had begun working with hypertext in the early 1980s.
C. An early prototype implementation of the Web became operational at CERN in 1989.
D. The idea slowly spread to universities in the rest of the world.
16. Who researched and extended Web technology?
A. Groups at the National Center for Supercomputing
Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
B. The European Organization for Nuclear Research
C. Timothy Berners-Lee
D. Marc Andreessen
17. Which sentence is not correct?
A. Mosaic was one of the scientists who developed WWW.
B. The first browser that was used at many sites was developed in 1993.
C. Researchers built numerous versions of Mosaic to allow the Web to be accessed from a wide variety of computer systems
D. Each version was designed to be used with a particular working system.
18. “multiple” in the reading means ________.
A. plural B. single C. only D. numerous
19. Which word in the reading means “the instructions which control what a computer does; computer programs”?
A. version B. software C. technology D. concept
20. What did “Netscape Communications Corporation” do?
A. to develop WWW
B. to use data on the Internet
C. to control the computer
D. to build and sell Web technologies
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. a||/ɪ/ còn lại là /aɪ/||11. B|
|2. c||/iː/ còn lại là /ei/||12. C|
|3. d||/əʊ/ còn lại là /ɔɪ/||13. B|
|4. b||/æ/ còn lại là /ei/||14. D||hyperlink: siêu liên kết|
|5. b||/ɪ/ còn lại là /aɪ/||15. D|
|6. B||hidden: ẩn||16. A|
|7. A||recommend: gợi ý||17. A|
|8. B||documentary: phim tài liệu||18. D||multiple: nhiều (~numerous: rất nhiều)|
|9. A||19. B||software: phần mềm|
|10. D||20. D|
Các bài Giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 7 khác:
- Mục lục full
- Unit 7: The mass media
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 10 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 và bám sát theo nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 10.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.