Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 1 Số 5
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 1 Số 5
Choose the word whose underlined part is different from the rest:
1. a. walks b. begins c. helps d. cuts
2. a. finished b. explained c. lived d. changed
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest:
3. a. applicant b. scenery c. permission d. journalist
4. a. accompany b. evaluate c. illiterate d. interviewee
5. a. reliable b. category c. secondary d. dictionary
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence or substitutes the underlined part:
6. An A-level in Mathematics or a/an _______ qualification, is normally required.
a. equal b. same c. equivalent d. like
7. At the age of sixteen he ______ for a place at the University of Harvard.
a. expected b. submitted c. required d. qualified
8. GCSEs are often a requirement for taking A-levels, a common type of university _______ requirement.
a. entrance b. enclose c. attendance d. assessment
9. GCSE courses are _______ in a variety of subjects, which are usually decided by the students themselves.
a. spent b. taken c. made d. looked
10. GCSEs are not compulsory, but they are the most common qualification taken by 14-16-year-old students.
a. specialized b. fulfilled c. required d. applied
11. Secondary education is the _____ of education following primary school.
a. stage b. step c. level d. standard
12. Then he'll know exactly what's required _______ him.
a. of b. in c. with d. for
13. That language center has a wide variety _______ subjects for you to choose.
a. at b. upon c. of d. about
14. I admired him for being so confident _______ his age.
a. for b. at c. In d. on
15. She is a slow student. She seems to be unable to concentrate on anything in ___________.
a. particular b. particularly
c. particularity d. particularize
16. Since the global industrialization, the number of animal species _______ have become extinct or nearly extinct has increased.
a. which b. when c. why d. whose
17. Of my students, Becks is the only one _______ has found a good job.
a. where b. that c. which d. whose
18. Have you ever visited New York harbor _______ the famous Statue of Liberty stands?
a. on where b. that c. on that d. where
19. Tell me the day _______ you want to leave.
a. which b. when c. in that d. where
20. That is the place _______ there used to be a monument.
a. where b. that c. why d. for which
Give the correct form of the given words to complete the following sentences:
21. My friend’s brother is now working in an ________ agency. (employ)
22. Mr. David has all the right _____________ to become a good manager. (qualify)
23. They all cheered ____________ as their team came out. (enthusiasm)
24. Mr. Dat works as an ____________ for a local firm. (electric)
25. He is so ___________ ! He just can’t make up his mind. (decide)
Read the passage carefully and choose the best answers to the questions:
Education is not an end, but a mean is to an end. In other words, we do not educate children only for the purpose of educating them. Our purpose is to fit them for life. In some modern countries it has, for some time, been fashionable to think that by free education for all - whether rich or poor, clever or stupid - one can solve all the problems of society and build a perfect nation. But we can already see that free education for all is not enough; we find in such countries a large number of people with university degree; they refuse to do what they think “low” work; and, in fact, work with hands is thought to be dirty and shameful in such countries. But we have only to think a moment to understand that the work of a completely uneducated farmer is far more important than that of a professor; we can live without education, but we die if we have no food. If no one cleaned our streets and took the rubbish away from our house, we should get terrible diseases in our own towns.
In fact, when we say that all of us must be educated to fit us for life, it means that we must be educated in such a way that, firstly, each of us can do whatever work suited to our brains and ability and, secondly, that we can realize that all jobs are necessary to society, and that is very bad to be ashamed of one’s work. Only such a type of education can be considered valuable to society.
26. The writer of the passage thinks that _________________.
a. education can settle most of the world’s problems
b. free education for all probably leads to a perfect world
c. all the social problems can’t be solved by education
d. free education won’t help to solve social problems
27. The writer wants to prove that _____________.
a. people with high education refuse to do what they think “low” work
b. our society needs free education for all
c. a farmer is more important than a professor
d. our society needs all kinds of jobs
28. According to the passage _____________.
a. work with hands is low work
b. we can’t regard work with hands as low work
c. work with hands is dirty and shameful
d. work with hands is the most important
29. The purpose of education is _____________.
a. to choose a system of education
b. to build a perfect world
c. to let everyone receive education fit for him
d. to prepare children mainly for their future work
30. The passage tells us about _____________ of education.
a. the type b. the means c. the system d. the value
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one:
31. We didn’t go on holiday because we didn’t have enough money.
a. If we had had enough money we would have gone on holiday.
b. We would go on holiday if we had enough money.
c. We wouldn’t go on holiday if we didn’t have enough money.
d. If we hadn’t had enough money we wouldn’t have gone on holiday.
32. People should use bicycles for short journeys.
a Bicycles should used for short journeys.
b. Bicycles should be use for short journeys.
c. Bicycles should be used for short journeys.
d. Bicycles be used for short journeys.
33. They don’t have money now, so they can’t have a drink.
a. Had they have money now, they could have had a drink
b. If they didn’t have money now, they couldn’t have a drink.
c. They could have a drink unless they had money
d. If they had money now, they could have a drink.
34. The students have to learn many words. They are very difficult.
a. The students being very difficult have to learn many words.
b. The students have to learn many words being very difficult.
c. The students have to learn many words which are very difficult.
d. The students who are very difficult have to learn many words.
|1. b||2. a||3. c||4. d||5. a||6. c||7. d||8. a||9. b||10. c|
|11. a||12. a||13. c||14. b||15. a||16. a||17. b||18. d||19. b||20 .a|
|21. employment||22. qualifications||23. enthusiastically||24. electrician||25. indecisive||26. c||27. d||28. b||29. d||30. d|
|31. a||32. c||33. d||34. c|
Các bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 khác:
- Unit 5: Higher Education
- Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Số 5
- Unit 6: Future Jobs
- Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Số 6
- Test Yourself B (trang 72-73)
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 (Nhà xuất bản Thanh Niên).
Follow https://www.facebook.com/hoc.cung.vietjack/ để tiếp tục theo dõi các loạt bài mới nhất về Soạn văn lớp 8, Soạn văn lớp 9, Soạn văn lớp 7, Soạn văn lớp 6, Soạn văn lớp 12, Soạn văn lớp 11, Soạn văn lớp 10, ..., và các loạt bài Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh cơ bản và nâng cao, Luyện thi TOEIC, Bài tập ngữ pháp tiếng Anh, ... của chúng tôi.
Thấy hay để lại bình luận động viên nhé ^^^^
Để học tốt các môn học lớp 12:
Học tiếng Anh tại vietjack.com: