Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 1 Số 6
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 1 Số 6
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest:
1. a. suitable b. interview c. remember d. concentrate
2. a. certificate b. society c. curriculum d. application
3. a. stressful b. pressure c. prepare d. future
4. a. division b. typical c. favorite d. organize
Choose the word whose underlined part is different from the rest:
5. a. requirements b. subject c. secondary d. levels
6. a. specialize b. variety c. particular d. wide
7. a. compound b. course c. around d. hour
8. a. apply b. carefully c. entry d. discovery
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence or substitutes the underlined part:
9. Students have to pay __________ fees when they attend public schools.
a. teaching b. education c. learning d. tuition
10. In Vietnamese schools, English, mathematics, and literature are three _______ subjects, which are compulsory in many important national examinations.
a. core b. part c. center d. middle
11. A _______ is an official document that you receive when you have completed a course of study or training.
a. vocation b. subject c. certificate d. grade
12. Intelligent boys like to study something if it really ______ them.
a. challenges b. changes c. daunts d. scares
13. A letter of _______ is sometimes really necessary for you in a job interview.
a. invitatio b. requirement
c. demand d. recommendation
14. She likes meeting people and traveling so she wants to apply for a _____ of a receptionist or tourist guide.
a. location b. position c. site d. word
15. It is _______ to fail a job interview, but try again.
a. disappoint b. disappointing
c. disappointedly d. disappointment
16. Can you tell me how _____ the feeling of pressure before an interview ?
a. to reduce b. reduce c. reducing d. to be reduced
17. He was offered the job thanks to his _______ performance during his job interview.
a. impress b. impression c. impressive d. impressively
18. During the interview, you should concentrate ______ what the interviewer is saying.
a. in b. on c. with d. at
19. When they came, a meeting _________ in the hall .
a. is being held b. has been held
c. will be held d. was being held
20. Gold _______________ in California in the nineteenth century.
a. was discovered b. has been discovered
c. was discovering d. had been discovered
Choose the best option that best fits each of the numbered blank:
In most countries, almost all schools (21)______ private until the early 1800’s. At that time, many government leaders began to encourage development of public schools to promote national progress by (22)______ education widely available to citizens. Today, the (23) _______ of public and private schools differs (24) _______ one country to another. In many developed countries, private schools offer a general focus on (25) ______ for college; a special focus on science, music or other subject areas; and religious instructions. The Roman Catholic Church is one of the (26) _______ sponsors of private schools throughout the world.
21. a. have b. had c. are d. were
22. a. make b. made c. making d. to make
23. a. digit b. figure c. number d. amount
24. a. about b. from c. with d. at
25. a. enter b. coming c. participation d. preparation
26. a. largest b. larger c. large d. enlarge
Read the following passage and choose the correct answer:
Preparation is a key to a successful interview. Does the idea of going to a job interview make you feel a little nervous? Many people find that it is the hardest part of the employing process. But it is not really true. The more you prepare and practise, the more comfortable you will feel. You should find out as much as possible about the company before you go to the interview. Understand the products that they produce and the services that they provide. It is also good to know who the customers are and who the major competitors are. “Practice makes perfect”. It will also make you feel more confident and relaxed. So, practise your answers to common questions. Make a list of questions to ask, too. Almost all interviewers will ask if you have questions. This is a great opportunity for you to show your keenness, enthusiasm, and knowledge.
Make a great impression. The interview is your chance to show that you are the best person for the job. Your application or résumé has already exhibited that you are qualified. Now it is up to you to show how your skills and experience match this position and this company. The employer will be looking and listening to determine if you are a good fit. He/she will be looking for a number of different qualities, in addition to the skills that you possess. To make the best impression, dress appropriately; express your strengths; arrive early, by about 10-15 minutes; be enthusiastic; shake hands firmly; be an active listener; sit up straight and maintain eye contact; and ask questions.
27. __________ is the hardest part of the employing process.
a. the job b. the interview
c. the interviewer d. the preparation
28. What does the writer advise you to practise?
a. Asking and answering questions related to the job.
b. Making products that the company produces.
c. Providing services that the company serves.
d. Meeting some customers and competitors.
29. You can show your qualifications in the ___________.
a. dressing style and punctuality
b. competing with the competitors
c. eye contact with the interview
d. résumé and letter of application
30. Which should not be shown during your interview?
a. Punctuality b. A firm hand shaking
c. Shortcomings d. Enthusiasm
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C, or D that needs correcting:
31. You should ask the interviewer some questions about the job to show
A B C
your interesting and keenness.
32. If he hadn’t overslept, he wouldn’t be late for the interview last
A B C D
33. The books writing by Mark Twain are very popular in the world.
A B C D
34. Mary, whom parents both died in a traffic accident a few years ago,
is the same age as me.
|1. c||2. d||3. c||4. a||5. d||6. c||7. b||8. a||9. d||10. a|
|11. c||12. a||13. d||14. b||15. b||16. a||17. c||18. b||19. d||20. a|
|21. d||22. c||23. c||24. b||25. d||26. a||27. b||28. a||29. d||30. c|
|31. D||32. B||33. A||34. A|
Các bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 khác:
- Unit 5: Higher Education
- Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Số 5
- Unit 6: Future Jobs
- Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Số 6
- Test Yourself B (trang 72-73)
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 và bám sát nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 12.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.