Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 2 Số 3
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 2 Số 3
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest:
1. A. person B. brother C. signal D. appeal
2. A. example B. consider C. several D. attention
Choose the word whose underlined part is different from the rest:
3. A. drill B. kind C. nice D. mind
4. A. engaged B. phoned C. enabled D. intended
5. A. nicest B. largest C. smallest D. best
Choose A, B, C or D that best completes each unfinished sentence:
6. One well-known desert plant is the _______ , which grows well in hot dry regions.
A. spinifex B. cactus C. date palm D. eucalyptus
7. Madigan led a ________ expedition across the sand dunes on a more northerly route.
A. science B. scientist C. scientific D. scientifically
8. Humans benefit greatly from the many medicines and other products that ________ provides.
A. biodiversity B. habitat C. diversity D. environment
9. If you want to learn how to knit or work with wood, you should buy a _____ book.
A. science B. fiction C. comic D. craft
10. The Simpson Desert remained a _______ until Madigan made an aerial survey in 1929.
A. mysteriousness B. mysterious
C. mysteriously D. mystery
11. The primary causes of species extinction are habitat destruction, commercial _____ and pollution.
A. exploitation B. damage C. production D. chance
12. Many species of animals, birds and even insects are in ________ of disappearing from the earth.
A. endanger B. danger C. endangered D. dangerous
13. Many species of animals and plants become extinct each year before _______ can identify them.
A. biologically B. biology C. biological D. biologists
14. Books are still a cheap way to get _________ and entertainment.
A. informative B. inform C. information D. informatively
15. If you like books with an _______ story especially ones about crime or spies, read a thriller.
A. excitement B. excite C. exciting D. excited
16. Most of the Sahara desert consists ______ rocky; large sand dunes from only a minor part.
A. about B. of C. with D. from
17. Humans depend ___ species diversity to have food, clean air and water and soil for agriculture.
A. of B. with C. for D. on
18. If it is a book on a subject that you are interested ______ , you will want to chew and digest it.
A. in B. at C. about D. with
19. Last week, I _______ home after playing tennis when it started raining heavily.
A. was walking B. walked
C. had walked D. had been walking
20. Mary missed the meeting because no one ________ her about it.
A. has told B. was telling C. had told D. tells
Read the passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks:
Books are written to (21)______ knowledge and good books enrich the mind. By putting ourselves under the influence of superior mind. We improve our mental powers. Through good books we learn that people everywhere (22)______ the same, in all ages and in all classes. This knowledge improves our love of others and helps us to live in (23)______ with them. We also understand that the world was made (24)______ for man alone but for every creature that can feel hunger and thrist, (25)______ and cold.
21. A. provide B. describe C. change D. buy
22. A. is B. are C. were D. was
23. A. peaceful B. peace C. peacefully D. peaceable
24. A. due to B. enough C. despite D. not only
25. A. warmly B.warm C. warmth D. warmer
Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer:
UNICEF is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. We have the global authority to influence decision-makers, and the variety of partners at basic level to turn the most innovative ideas into reality. That makes us unique among world organizations, and unique among those working with the young.
We believe that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress. UNICEF was created with this purpose in mind – to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child's path. We believe that we can, together, advance the cause of humanity.
We advocate for measures to give children the best start in life, because proper care at the youngest age forms the strongest foundation for a person's future.
We promote girls' education – ensuring that they complete primary education as a minimum – because it benefits all children, both girls and boys. Girls who are educated grow up to become better thinkers, better citizens, and better parents to their own children.
We act so that all children are immunized against common childhood diseases, and are well nourished, because it is wrong for a child to suffer or die from a preventable illness.
We work to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS among young people because it is right to keep them from harm and enable them to protect others. We help children and families affected by HIV/AIDS to live their lives with dignity.
We involve everyone in creating protective environments for children. We are present to relieve suffering during emergencies, and wherever children are threatened, because no child should be exposed to violence, abuse or exploitation.
UNICEF upholds the Convention on the Rights of the Child. We work to assure equality for those who are discriminated against, girls and women in particular. We work for the Millennium Development Goals and for the progress promised in the United Nations Charter. We struggle for peace and security. We work to hold everyone accountable to responsible for the promises made for children.
We are part of the Global Movement for Children – a broad coalition dedicated to improving the life of every child. Through this movement, and events such as the United Nations Special Session on Children, we encourage young people to speak out and participate in the decisions that affect their lives.
We work in 190 countries through country programmes and National Committees. We are UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund.
26. What does UNICEF stand for?
A. The United National Children's Fund
B. The United Nations Child's Fund
C. The United Nations Children's Fund
D. The United Native Child's Fund.
27. The word unique in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _______.
A. honorable B. only one C. widespread D. good
28. Choose the word in the passage that means "unfair treatment"'
A. Discrimination B. Poverty
C. Disease D. Citizen
29. They work to prevent the spread of _______among young people
A. flue B. cold
C. stomach-ache D. HIV/AIDS
30. How many countries does UNICEF work in?
A. 23 B. 190 C. 192 D. 52
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions:
31. He only feels happy whenever he does not have much work to do.
A. The more he works, the happier he feels.
B. The less he works, the happier he feels.
C. His work makes him feel happy.
D. He feels happier and happier with his work.
32. I learn a lot but I cannot remember anything.
A. I learn more and more and remember more and more.
B. The less I learn, the more I remember.
C. The more I learn, the less I remember.
D. I remember not only what I have learnt.
33. Tom bought that book yesterday.
A. That book was bought by Tom yesterday.
B. That book was bought yesterday by Tom.
C. That book yesterday was bought by Tom
D. That book was bought yesterday.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions:
34. The city is busy. The countryside is quiet.
A. The countryside is more and more quiet.
B. The countryside is more quiet than the city.
C. The countryside is as quiet as the city.
D. The city is as quiet as the countryside.
35. The flood may rise higher. We have to move upstairs.
A. We have to move upstairs soon if the flood rises any higher.
B. Unless the flood rises any higher we won't have to move upstairs.
C. If we don't move upstairs, the flood may rise higher.
D. We have to move upstairs in case the flood rises any higher.
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. D||/əˈpiːl/||19. A|
|2. C||/ˈsevrəl/||20. C|
|3. A||/ɪ/, còn lại: /aɪ/||21. A|
|4. D||/id/, còn lại: /d/||22. B|
|5. D||/est/||23. B|
|6. B||24. D|
|7. C||25. C|
|8. A||26. C||Dẫn chứng: “We are UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund.”|
|9. D||27. B||unique: độc nhất, chỉ có một;|
|10. D||28. A||Dẫn chứng: “UNICEF was created with this purpose in mind – to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child's path.”|
|11. A||29. D||Dẫn chứng: “We work to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS among young people because it is right to keep them from harm and enable them to protect others.”|
|12. B||30. B||Dẫn chứng: “We work in 190 countries through country programmes and National Committees. We are UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund.”|
|13. D||31. B|
|14. C||32. C|
|15. C||33. A|
|16. B||34. B|
|17. D||35. D|
Các bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 khác:
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 và bám sát nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 12.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.