Unit 8 lớp 9: Language Focus
Unit 8: Language Focus
Language Focus (Trang 70-71-72-73 SGK Tiếng Anh 9)
1. Join the sentences. Use relative clauses. (Nối các câu. Sử dụng mệnh đề quan hệ.)
Tet is a festival. Tet occurs in late January or early February.
=> Tet is a festival which occurs in late January or early February.
a. Auld Lang Syne is a song which is sung on New Year's Eve.
b. This watch, which was given to me by my aunt on my 14th birthday, is a gift.
c. My friend Tom, who can compose songs, sings Western folk songs very well.
d. We often go to the town cultural house, which always opens on public holidays.
e. I like reading books which tell about different people and their cultures.
f. The roses which my Dad gave my Mum on her birthday were very sweet and beautiful.
g. Judy very much liked the full-moon festival which is celebrated in mid-fall.
h. Tomorrow I'll go to the airport to meet my friends, who come to stay with us during the Christmas.
2. Describe each of the people in the pictures. Use relative clauses. (Miêu tả từng người trong tranh. Sử dụng mệnh đề quan hệ.)
I am the boy who is wearing a white T-shirt.
My Aunt Judy is the woman who is holding Jack.
- I'm the boy who is wearing a white T-shirt and blue trousers.
- The woman who is sitting in the armchair is my Mum.
- My Dad is the man who is standing behind Linda.
- The girl, who is giving my Mum a present, is my younger sister Linda.
My Aunt's family.
- My aunt Judy is the woman who is holding Jack.
- The woman who is on the right of my aunt is my grandmother.
- The man who is at the back of the picture is my uncle John.
3. Join the sentences. Use the words in bracket (Nối các câu. Sử dụng các từ trong ngoặc.)
a) Thu Ha is not satisfied with her preparations for Tet. Thu Ha has decorated her house and made plenty of cakes. (even though)
=> Thu Ha is not satisfied with her preparations for Tet even though she has decorated her house and made plenty of cakes.
b) Although we don't have a Mother's Day in Viet Nam, Dad and I have special gifts and parties for my mom every year on the 8th of March.
c) Even though we live in Nam Dinh, we went to Ha Noi to watch the parade on National Day last year.
d) Many tourists enjoy festivals in Viet Nam, though they do not understand Vietnamese culture very much.
e) Even though in Australia, Christmas season is in summer, the Australians enjoy Christmas as much as people in European countries do.
f) Although Jim came to the show late due to the traffic jam, he could see the main part of the show.
4. Look at the pictures. Complete the sentences. Use the correct ... . (Nhìn vào tranh vẽ. Hoàn thành các câu. Sử dụng thì đùng của động từ và thông tin đã cho.)
a. Although Mrs. Thoa was tired, she helped Tuan with his homework.
b. Even though Liz has an exam tomorrow, she watches TV.
c. It rained yesterday although the weather bureau had predicted there would be fine weather.
d. Ba ate a lot of food though he wasn't very hungry.
e. Even though the keyboard wasn't working well, she finished the letter.
Các bài soạn tiếng Anh 9 unit 8 khác | Để học tốt các bài học tiếng Anh 9 unit 8 khác:
- Mục lục full
- Unit 8: Celebrations
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 9 | Giải bài tập tiếng Anh 9 | Để học tốt tiếng Anh 9 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Học tốt Tiếng Anh 9 và bám sát nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 9.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.
Các loạt bài khác:
- Và còn rất nhiều loạt bài học khác....