Giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh 8 Unit 13: Festivals
Unit 13: Festivals
1. Change the sentences below into passive voice. (Trang 109 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. The rice was separated from the husk.
b. A fire was made by the camp by the boys.
c. This house was built more than one hundred years ago.
d. Millions of tons of rice are exported by Vietnamese people around January or February.
f. Trees are usually planted in their neighborhood after Tet holiday by Vietnamese people.
g. How many motorbikes are exported by Vietnam a year?
i. His book was published by the publisher in 1996.
j. Our desk was repaired during the weekend.
2. When Huong came home she found that someone broke in her room. Look at Huong's room in the picture and describe it. Use the passive voice in your sentences. The word lists may help you. (Trang 110 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. The vase was broken.
b. The sun-glasses were crushed up.
c. The books were jumbled on the floor.
d. The postcards were shuffled on the desk.
e. The doll was put down on the pillow.
f. The shell collection was scattered on the floor.
g. The dictionaries were thrown on the bed.
h. The bookshelf was shuffled.
i. The CD rack was knocked down.
j. The mirror was moved off the wall.
3. Find in the gap in each of the following sentences with one suitable compound noun from the box. (Trang 111 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. air-conditioning f. fire-making b. zebra crossing g. cock-fighting c. data-processing h. bird-watching d. family-planning i. bungee jumping e. water-skiing j. language learning
4. Use the passive and an infinitive to write the sentences below. (Trang 112 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. He was told to stay home for three days.
b. Mrs. Robinson was asked to do the shopping.
c. He was asked/ told not to talk in class.
d. We were allowed to use Mr. Thompson's computer.
e. I was taught (how) to do the magic when I was a boy.
f. We were advised to take a bus downtown.
g. He was asked to take an English test.
h. She is said to be the best student in the class.
i. We were told/ asked to go home and wait.
j. We were told/ asked to work harder on English pronunciation.
5. Fill in each gap in the following sentences with one suitable verb from the dialogue in LISTEN AND READ. You can make necessary changes to the verbs. (Trang 113 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. explain e. yelled (out) b. rub f. awarded c. invited g. urged d. added h. participate
6. Many English words have more than one meaning. Read the following sentences from the dialogue in LISTEN AND READ and their meanings. Then study the listed words from the same dialogue which also have more than one meaning. Write one sentence with each of their meanings. (Trang 113-114 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. run = more fast on foot
He can't run because he has a weak heart.
b. run = to be in operation
The lease on my house has only a year to run.
c. bank = a slope of land adjoining a body of water, especially a river or a lake.
My house is on the south bank of the river.
d. bank = a business in which money is kept for saving or other purposes
My father is a bank manager.
e. fire = burning fuel or other material.
Who set fire to the house?
f. fire = to shoot a weapon.
The officer ordered his men to fire at the enemy.
g. point = a unit that adds to a game or sports competition.
We need one more point to win the game.
h. point = to show with a finger.
He point to a tower on the distant horizon.
7. Read the passage and fill in each gap with one word from the box. (Trang 115 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|1. traditional||2. singing||3. branches||4. which||5. made|
|6. water||7. rain||8. until||9. festival||10. similar|
8. Fill in each of the gaps in the passage below with one suitable word from the box. (Trang 115 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|1. festival||2. have||3. fairs||4. brightly||5. crowded|
|6. cooked||7. family||8. first||9. lucky||10. love|
|11. well||12. wishes|
9. Write from the following sets of words and phrases, complete sentences. You can make all the necessary changes and additions. (Trang 116 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. She said (that) she enjoyed all the food at the festival.
b. Banh Chung and other kinds of special food are made at Tet.
c. Traditional songs are often performed during the festival.
d. Thanks giving Day is usually celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States.
e. Halloween pumpkins are made into jack-o'-lanterns.
f. You can play small tricks on your friends or strangers on April Fool's Day.
Now write similar sentences about a festival you know.
THE MOON CAKE FESTIVAL
One festival that Chinese people celebrate each year is the Moon cake festival. It is also called the Mid - Autumn Festival. It falls on the 15th day of the eight lunar month, which is a full night.
To the Chinese people, the full round moon means a time for families to get together and celebrate. Even family members who have moved to other countries will try to get back home during this time.
Food is an important part of most Chinese festival and for the Moon Cake Festival people make moon cakes, a kind of sweet cake with sugar, nuts, eggs and some other delicious things inside.
If you don't know how to make moon cakes yourself, you can buy them at supermarkets. There are hundreds of different moon cakes on sale a month before the start of the Moon Cake Festival each year.
Soon moon cakes have very pretty designs and a wonderful taste. Tourists from other countries should not miss this festival if they are with Chinese people during the celebration.
10. Read the tips for the Philadelphia Folk Festival and fill in each gap with a word from the box. (Trang 117 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|a. tickets||b. someone||c. sunscreen||d. kids||e. flashlight|
|f. keys||g. blanket||h. souvenir||i. places||f. anything|
|k. weather||j. feet|
11. Read the following passage and answer the multiple - choice questions. (Trang 118-119 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|a. B||b. B||c. D||d. B||e. B||f. B|
Các bài soạn Tiếng Anh 8 Unit 13: Festivals:
- Mục lục Tiếng Anh 8 Full
- Unit 13: Festivals
Ngữ pháp Unit 13: Định nghĩa từ ghép.
Follow https://www.facebook.com/hoc.cung.vietjack/ để cùng nhau xây dựng một cộng đồng học tập lớn nhất cả nước.
Loạt bài Soạn Tiếng Anh 8 | Giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 8 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Học tốt Tiếng Anh 8 và Giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 và bám sát nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 8.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy Like và chia sẻ nhé!