Đề kiểm tra 45 phút tiếng anh 10 học kì 1
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút tiếng anh 10 học kì 1 (Unit 1,2,3)
Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest (2 points):
1. A. trick B. literature C. decisive D. pity
2. A. please B. seaside C. heal D. pleasant
3. A. lovely B. bundle C. wonderful D. classmate
4. A. language B. package C. background D. threaten
5. A. salad B. breakfast C. already D. dreamt
Choose the one word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase (2 points):
6. My mother ______ to the market at 8:00 am every day.
a. went c. go
b. goes d. is going
7. I _________ do morning exercise in that it is good for my health.
a. always c. seldom
b. rarely d. at no time
8. _______ went along with Sule at your party last night?
a. What c. When
b. Who d. Why
9. I am looking forward _______ your country.
a. to visit c. to visiting
b. visit d. visiting
10. Are you contented with your present job?
a. keen on c. satisfied with
b. excited about d. interested with
11. The fire alarm went off when smoke rose.
a. burned c. shouted
b. rang d. exploded
12. Before Adam graduated, her mother told her to begin thinking about choosing a _________.
a. career c. profession
b. occupation d. work
13. _______ picture do you prefer, this one or that one?
a. What c. Which
b. Why d. Whose
14. Before Jenny won the lottery, she _______ any kind of contest.
a. hasn’t entered c. doesn’t enter
b. hadn’t entered d. didn’t enter
15. We _______ in Sai Gon for 15 years and then we _______ here in 2005.
a. have lived/moved c. lived/moved
b. had lived/moved d. lived/had moved
Read the text below and choose the correct word or phrase for each space (2 points):
The great English (16) ________ Isaac Newton, (17) ________ theory of gravitation is well-known throughout the world, was born in the little village Wool Thorpe, not far from his own town of Cambridge, (18) ____ December 25th, 1642. His father was a farmer who died when Newton was fourteen years old. His mother, uncle and grandmother took care of him. When still young, Newton was more of a mechanic (19) _____ a scholar. His neighbors thought he would (20)________ become a well-known clockmaker, because he had already made a clock his neighbors had never heard (21) _____ before. It worked by water. (22) _______ the water clock, Newton also made sundials. When he grew older, he became (23) __________ in mathematics and physics. His first physical experiment was carried (24) ______ in 1658, when he was 16 years old. On June 5th, 1661 Newton entered the University of Cambridge where he studied mathematics and soon became famous at the age of 21. When Newton was 22 years old, he began studying the theory of gravitation. In 1669 he was (25)________ professor and began lectures on Mathematics at Cambridge. Issac Newton died in 1727 at the age of 85.
16. a. scientist b. science c. scientific d. scientifically
17. a. which b. that c. whom d. whose
18. a. in b. on c. at d. within
19. a. than b. over c. to d. and
20. a. possible b. probably c. possibility d. probability
21. a. of b. from c. upon d. out
22. a. Beside b. Besides c. With d. Rather than
23. a. excited b. curious c. interested d. surprised
24. a. up b. on c. out d. over
25. a. appointed b. determined c. ranked d. promoted
Match the sentences, clauses or phrases in column A with the ones in column B to make meaningful sentences (2 points):
|1. Last Christmas,||a. when they came to see me.|
|2. When I was a child,||b. because of the huge buildings.|
|3. I was learning my lessons||c. our family held a small party at 8 o’clock yesterday evening at home.|
|4. The little girl has been sick ice cream.||d. I was very fond of eating ice cream|
|5. Linda is impressed||e. since she came back from her summer vacation.|
26. 1- ___ ;
27. 2- ___ ;
28. 3- ___ ;
29. 4- ___ ;
30. 5- ___ ;
Write the second sentence as similarly in meaning as the first one. Use the word given in brackets. (2 points).
31. "Why don't we go out for a walk?" said Nick. (suggested)
32. Would you please lend me your book? (mind)
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. C||/ai/ còn lại là /i/||17. d|
|2. D||/e/ còn lại là /i:/||18. b|
|3. D||/a:/ còn lại là /ʌ/||19. a|
|4. D||/e/ còn lại là /æ/||20. b|
|5. A||/æ/ còn lại là /e/||21. a|
|6. b||everyday => Hiện tại đơn||22. b|
|7. a||in that = because||23. c|
|8. b||24. c|
|9. c||look forward to + V-ing||25. a|
|10. c||be contented with = be satisfied with: hài lòng với||26. 1-c;|
|11. b||go off = ring||27. 2-d;|
|12. a||choose a career: chọn nghề||28. 3-a;|
|13. c||29. 4-e;|
|14. b||30. 5-b;|
|15. b||31. Nick suggested going out for a walk.|
|16. a||32. Would you mind lending me your book?|
Các đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 10 khác:
Follow https://www.facebook.com/hoc.cung.vietjack/ để cùng nhau xây dựng một cộng đồng học tập lớn nhất cả nước.
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 10 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 và bám sát theo nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 10.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.