Đề kiểm tra 45 phút tiếng anh 10 học kì 1
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút tiếng anh 10 học kì 1(Unit 4,5,6)
Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest (2 points):
1. A. work B. sport C. sort D. form
2. A. food B. look C. tooth D. school
3. A. learn B. early C. heard D. gear
4. A. teacher B. father C. river D. term
5. A. good B. cool C. look D. wool
Choose the one word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase:
6. I’d like to introduce you to Mrs. Thuy, ________ is the teacher of this special class.
A. who B. whom C. which D. that
7. A new hospital ___________ in the area lately.
A. has built C. was being built
B. has been built D. was built
8. Jane __________ for the telephone company, but now she has a job at the post office.
A. works C. used to work
B. have works D. be used to work
9. He has studied English _____________ he was a little boy.
A. ago B. since C. during D. for
10. ___________ are those who have difficulty speaking.
A. The mute C. The blind
B. The deaf D. The disabled
11. These are the books ___________ my father likes very much.
A. which B. what C. who D. whose
12. A computer consists of hardware and software.
A. programs C. screen
B. physical part D. keyboard
13. Very few people can __________ my name correctly.
A. pronoun C. pronounce
B. announce D. allow
14. The blind child ________ a great effort to learn “Braille ”.
A. did C. got
B. made D. created
15. Many people lost their home in the Earthquake. The government is trying to establish more shelters to care for __________ .
A. the childless C. the homeless
B. the blind D. the deaf
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C or D that need correcting:
16. Dennis used to smoking a lot a year ago.
A. used B. Dennis C. ago D. smoking
17. This new dictionary has been translate into ten languages.
A. translate B. into C. dictionary D. new
18. The air conditioner who is in the sitting room is out of order.
A. in B. who C. sitting D. order
19. It took him a long time to get used to drive on the left.
A. took B. to get C. used to D. drive
20. Check cards are used for replace money.
A. are B. Check C. for D. used
Read the passage below and choose the best answer for each question:
When robots are widely used in the home, they will probably be used to do the cleaning, table-laying, scrubbing and washing-up, but it is considered unlikely that they will be used to do the cooking - at least, not in the near future.
In factories, mobile robots are already used to carry out a large number of the distribution and assembly tasks while human beings carry out research and produce plans for new products. Among the numerous jobs on the farm, robots will drive tractors, keeping their eyes on the ground in front to guide the tractor along a straight line.
The majority of the robots used at present do not look like human beings at all because their design is chiefly functional.
21. According to the passage, when used at home, robots will probably do all of the following EXCEPT ______________ .
a. laying the table b. washing the dishes
c. washing the clothes d. scrubbing
22. In factories what are robots used to do?
a. carry out assembly tasks b. carry out research
c. produce plans d. both b and c
23. The word “their” in paragraph 2 refers to _______ .
a. tractors’ b. robots’ c. people’s d. farms’
24. Why don’t robots at present look like human beings?
a. Because they are widely used at home.
b. Because they are mainly used in factories.
c. Because they are only used to guide tractors.
d. Because they are mainly produced according to their function.
25. Which of the following statements is NOT true about robots?
a. They will be used to do the cleaning.
b. In the near future they will be used to cook.
c. They are already used to carry out the distribution tasks.
d. They will be used to drive the tractor.
Choose the correct option a, b, c or d to complete this passage:
A lot of people like to play their records as (26) ______ as possible. The result is (27) ______ the rest of the family and the neighbors often complain if they don't like the music. One (28) ________ to this problem is to wear headphones, (29)_____ headphones are usually uncomfortable.
An arm-chair which has a record-player built into it has just been designed by a British engineer, Stephen Court.
The armchair (30) ________ like an ordinary armchair with high back. However, each (31) ______ the two sides of the chair has three loudspeakers inside to reproduce middle and high sounds. Low sounds are reproduced a pair of loudspeakers in a hollow space under the seat. Anyone (32) ________ sits in the chair hears sounds coming from all around his/her head.
Because we cannot tell the exact source from which low sounds come, it doesn't matter that they come from underneath or behind. It is the higher sounds (33) ________ from the sides of the chair that create a stereo effect.
These sounds travel only a few inches to reach the listener's ears. Consequently, it takes only a little power (34) ________ the music sound very loud. Only a small amount of sound leaks (35) _____ from behind the chair into the room to disturb others. Most of the sound is absorbed by the listeners.
26. a. aloud b. loud c. loudly d. noisy
27. a. that b. which c. what d. how
28. a. question b. answer c. reply d. requirement
29. a. but b. while c. consequently d. as
30. a. appears b. sees c. looks d. watches
31. a. of b. among c. between d. within
32. a. which b. who c. whom d. whose
33. a. coming b. come c. to come d. came
34. a. making b. to make c. made d. being made
35. a. out b. in c. over d. down
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. A||/ɜ:/ còn lại là /ɔ:/||13. C||pronounce: phát âm||25. B|
|2. B||/ʊ/ còn lại là /u:/||14. B||make a great effort: cố gắng, nỗ lực||26. C|
|3. D||/ɪə/ còn lại là /ɜ:/||15. C||the homeless: những người không nhà cửa, vô gia cư||27. a|
|4. D||/ɜ:/ còn lại là /ə/||16. D||smoking => smoke||28. B|
|5. B||/u:/ còn lại là /ʊ/||17. A||translate => translated||29. A|
|6. A||18. B||who => which||30. c|
|7. B||lately => hiện tại hoàn thành||19. D||drive => driving||31. a|
|8. C||20. C||for => to||32. b|
|9. B||21. b||33. a|
|10. A||the mute: những người khuyết tật giọng nói||22. a||34. b|
|11. A||23. b||35. a||leak out: lọt ra, rò ra ngoài|
|12. B||hardware: phần cứng||24. d|
Các đề kiểm tra 45 phút học kì 1 khác:
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 10 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 và bám sát theo nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 10.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.