Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10
Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest:
1. A. around B. mouse C. count D. country
2. A. camera B. famous C. glad D. family
3. A. kitchen B. history C. time D. finish
4. A. mechanic B. achievement C. chemistry D. school
5. A. Thursday B. learning C. excursion D. teacher
Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in each sentence:
6. Would you mind ________ me a hand with these bags?
A. to give B. giving
C. give D. gives
7. The meeting had been cancelled ________ the chairman's absence.
A. because B. because of
C. in spite of D. although
8. A personal communicator helps you to ________ with other computers and with people around the world.
A. demonstrate B. transmit
C. meet D. interact
9. The girl ________ is standing next to your mother is the daughter of the director of this company.
A. which B. who
C. whom D. whose
10. I’m sure you’ll have no ____________ the exam.
A. difficulty at passing
B. difficulty to pass
C. difficulties passing
D. difficulties to pass
11. She says that her car has ___________.
A. wore out B. got over
C. broken down D. looked after
12. Can you give me the ________ of this machine? I want to figure how to use it.
A. information B. instruction
C. interaction D. collection
13. A __________ is a film or a television program giving facts about something.
A. cartoon B. documentary
C. comedy D. drama
14. A __________ is a place where plants and trees are grown for scientific study.
A. resort B. botanical garden
C. pagoda D. pine forest
15. Marie Curie harboured the dream of a ____________ career which was impossible for a woman at that time.
A. science B. scientific
C. scientist D. scientifically
Give the correct tense of the verbs in brackets:
16. Like other workers, Peter (begin) ____________ his work at 7:00 every day.
17. Penny (not go) _____________ swimming with his classmates last weekend.
18. She (work) ______________ as a hotel telephonist from July 2006 to May 2013.
19. We (not see)__________ each other since we (leave)_________ school.
20. After Dante (finish) ________________ his homework yesterday, he played badminton.
Read the passage then do the exercises below:
Juliet’s parents didn’t have much money, so they sent her to a state primary school when she was five. She enjoyed her reading and writing lessons but there were so many pupils in the class that the teacher found it difficult to control them.
When Juliet was eleven, her father got a better job, and decided to spend some money on her education. He sent her to an expensive private school, where the girls wore dark green uniforms and did two hours’ homework every evening.
Juliet liked her new school, and did well. Because she studied hard, she passed all her exams, and went to university at eighteen. She chose Maths course and was an excellent student. In the end she decided to become a teacher and returned to her old primary school to teach
Task 1: Choose the best answer
21. What was an important event for Juliet when she was eleven?
A. getting better education B. leaving her home
C. passing the exams D. reading and writing lessons
22. What profession did Juliet finally decide to choose?
A. cooking B. nursing C. teaching D. studying
Task 2: Answer the questions
23. Why did the teacher find it difficult to control pupils in the class?
24. How long did it take her to do homework every evening?
25. Was Juliet an excellent student?
Choose the best second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one:
26. It was breakfast-time when Susan rang.
A. When Susan rang I have just finished my breakfast.
B. Susan rang after 1 had had my breakfast.
C. I was having my breakfast when Susan rang.
D. I was going to have my breakfast as soon as Susan rang.
27. Alvaro's job interview is on 17 July.
A. Alvaro will be called for a job interview on 17 July.
B. Alvaro is giving a job interview on 17 July.
C. Alvaro had an interview for a job on 17 July.
D. Alvaro is having a job interview on 17 July.
28. You can get off this train at Bath.
A. This train stops at Bath.
B. This train is going to stop at Bath.
C. You can stop this train at Bath.
D. This train will be stopped at Bath.
29. We have decided to help with the project.
A. We helped with the project.
B. We must help with the project.
C. We will help with the project.
D. We are going to help with the project.
30. The last time I went swimming was when we were in France.
A. I swam a lot when we were in France.
B. I hadn't been swimming before we moved to France.
C. I haven't been swimming since we were in France.
D. I went swimming while we lived in France.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) opposite in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions:
31. Linda is married with four children.
A. mature B. famous C. brilliant D. single
32. If you eat too much at dinner time, you'll certainly put on weight.
A. lose B. increase C. rise D. gain
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions:
33. In our family, we usually divide the housework equal.
A. In B. divide C. equal D. housework
34. Armstrong has passed his examination, that is good news.
A. has passed B. that C. news D. his
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1.||19. haven’t seen; left|
|2.||20. had finished|
|4.||22. C||look up: tìm kiếm|
|5.||23. Because there were so many pupils.|
|6. B||give sb a hand: giúp đỡ ai đó||24. It took her two hours to do homework every evening.|
|7. B||25. Yes, she was.|
|8. D||interact: tương tác||26. C|
|9. B||27. D|
|10. C||have difficulties V-ing: gặp khó khăn trong việc gì đó||28. A|
|11. C||break down: hỏng hóc, ngưng hoạt động||29. D|
|12. B||instruction: hướng dẫn||30. C|
|13. B||documentary: phim tài liệu||31. D||single: độc thân|
|14. B||botanical: (thuộc) thực vật học||32. D||gain weight: tăng cân|
|15. B||33. C||equal => equally|
|16. begins||34. B||that => which|
|17. did not go|
Các đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10 khác:
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 10 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 (Nhà xuất bản Thanh Niên).
Follow https://www.facebook.com/hoc.cung.vietjack/ để tiếp tục theo dõi các loạt bài mới nhất về Soạn văn lớp 8, Soạn văn lớp 9, Soạn văn lớp 7, Soạn văn lớp 6, Soạn văn lớp 12, Soạn văn lớp 11, Soạn văn lớp 10, ..., và các loạt bài Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh cơ bản và nâng cao, Luyện thi TOEIC, Bài tập ngữ pháp tiếng Anh, ... của chúng tôi.
Thấy hay để lại bình luận động viên nhé ^^^^
Để học tốt các môn học lớp 10: