Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 2 Số 4
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 12 học kì 2 Số 4
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest:
1. a. maneuver b. synchronized c. distribute d. aquatic
2. a. various b. integral c. opponent d. popular
3. a. acknowledge b. physical c. successful d. continue
4. a. activity b. psychology c. information d. development
5. a. perform b. invent c. attempt d. motion
Choose the word whose underlined part is different from the rest:
6. a. education b. teammate c. organization d. financial
7. a. economy b. population c. economic d. property
8. a. mistake b. television c. measure d. decision
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part:
9. They like aquatic sports, ______ the other hand, they cannot swimming.
a. on b. in c. at d. off
10. When you swim, you move ________ water by making movements with your arms and legs.
a. on b. above c. through d. by
11. I often think ________ reading books as a form of entertainment.
a. after b. for c. up d. of
12. Scuba diving is still evolving, but general classifications have grown to describe various diving ________.
a. acts b. actors c. actions d. activities
13. To be safe under water, ________ need to be able to control their rate of descent and ascent in the water.
a. divers b. dive c. diving d. dives
14. We choose from a ________ of shore excursions including tours of the islands, swimming, golf, sailing or snorkeling.
a. vary b. various c. varied d. variety
15. Aquatic sports have long been acknowledged as excellent ways to take physical exercise.
a. reduced b. encouraged c. recognized d. practiced
16. I'm a great believer in the ________ of reading books and taking up a sport, which offer you both knowledge and healthy.
a. benefits b. exercises c. practices d. points
17. Underwater activities are less varied and the most popular of which are snorkeling and scuba diving.
a. portable b. diverse c. familiar d. durable
18. ________ become addicted to the Internet.
a. More and more people
b. The more and more people
c. More people and people
d. The most people
19. Life is getting ________.
a. more and more complicated b. more than complicated
c. most and most complicated d. least and least complicated
20. Nuclear waste ________ as a liquid in stainless-steel containers which are encased in concrete.
a. must store
b. must be storing
c. must be stored
d. must have stored
Read the passage carefully and then choose the best answer:
Women hold up half the sky. This is an old Chinese saying. However, research shows that perhaps women do more than their share of “holding up the sky". Fifty percent of the world's population is women, but nearly two-thirds of all working hours are done by women. They do most of the domestic work like cooking and washing clothes. Millions also work outside the home. Women hold forty percent of all the world's jobs. For this work they earn only 40 to 60 percent as much as men, and of course they earn nothing for their domestic work. In developing countries, where three-fourths of the world's population lives, women produce more than half of the food. In Africa, 80 percent of all agricultural work is done by women. In parts of Africa, this is a typical day for a village woman. At 4.45 am, she gets up, washes, and eats. It takes her half an hour to walk to the fields, and she works there until 3.00 pm. She collects firewood until 4.00 pm then comes back home. She spends the next hour and a half preparing food to cook; then she collects water for another hour. From 6.30 to 8.30 she cooks. After dinner, she spends an hour washing the dishes. She goes to bed at 9.30 pm.
21. What does the word “domestic” in the paragraph mean?
a. in parts of Africa
b. on the field
c. in the family
d. in the sky
22. What percentage of all the world’s jobs do women hold?
a. 20 b. 60 c. 80 d. 40
23. In Africa, __________ percent of all the farm work is done by women.
a. 50 b. 80 c. 20 d. 100
24. What time does a typical day for an African village woman begin?
a. 6.30 b. 8.30 c. 9.30 d. 4.45
25. How much food do women in developing countries produce?
a. nearly half b. over a half
c. less than half d. more than half
Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in the following passage:
In 1945, leaders from 51 countries met in San Francisco, California, and organized The United Nations. World War II had just (26)________. Millions of people had died, and there was destruction everywhere. People hoped they could (27)_______ a future of world peace through this new organization.
The main United Nations Organization is in New York City, but the United Nations has a “family” of its (28)__________ organizations all over the world. These organizations try to provide a better life for everyone. One example is UNICEF, an organization which provides food, (29)________ care and many other services to poor children (30)_________ they live. Another example is the World Health Organization, which provides medical programs all over the world.
26. a. finished b. ended c. terminated d. stopped
27. a. produce b. construct c. design d. build
28. a. united b. connected c. related d. attached
29. a. medical b. medicinal c. healthy d. hygiene
30. a. any place b. anywhere c. wherever d. everywhere
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence:
31. George is not so energetic as he used to be.
George used to ______________________________________________.
32. Barbara plays tennis better than Mike.
Mike doesn’t _______________________________________________.
33. No one in Pat's class is taller than she is.
Pat is _____________________________________________________.
34. It would be a good idea to stop smoking. (Use "give up" to rewrite the sentence)
35. See if their number is in the phone directory. (Use "look up" to rewrite the sentence)
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. b||/ˌsɪŋkrənaɪzd/||19. a|
|2. c||/əˈpəʊnənt/||20. c|
|3. b||/ˈfɪzɪkl/||21. c||domestic: (thuộc) gia đình, trong nhà;|
|4. c||/ˌɪnfəˈmeɪʃn/||22. d||Dẫn chứng: “Women hold forty percent of all the world's jobs.”|
|5. d||/ˈməʊʃn/||23. b||Dẫn chứng: “In Africa, 80 percent of all agricultural work is done by women.”|
|6. d||/æ/, còn lại: /eɪ/||24. d||Dẫn chứng: “In parts of Africa, this is a typical day for a village woman. At 4.45 am, she gets up, washes, and eats.”|
|7. c||/ə/, còn lại: /ɒ/||25. d||Dẫn chứng: “In developing countries, where three-fourths of the world's population lives, women produce more than half of the food.”|
|8. a||/s/, còn lại: /ʒ/||26. b|
|9. a||on the other hand: tuy nhiên, mặt khác;||27. d|
|10. c||28. c|
|11. d||think of: nghĩ về;||29. a|
|12. d||30. c|
|13. a||31. George used to be more energetic than he is.|
|14. d||32. Mike doesn't play tennis as/ so well as Barbara.|
|15. c||acknowledge = recognize: nhìn nhận, công nhận;||33. Pat is the tallest in her class.|
|16. a||34. It would be a good idea to give up smoking.|
|17. b||35. Look up their number in the phone directory.|
Các bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 khác:
Follow https://www.facebook.com/hoc.cung.vietjack/ để cùng nhau xây dựng một cộng đồng học tập lớn nhất cả nước.
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 12 và bám sát nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 12.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.