Giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh 8 Unit 5: Study Habits
Unit 5: Study Habits
1. How often do you do these things? Use the expressions in the box in your answers. (Trang 42-43 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. I often have Geography once a week.
b. I often have Physical Education twice a week.
c. I often have Physics on Mondays and Saturday.
d. I often salute the colors every weekend.
e. I often have Art every Friday mornig.
f. I often have Vietnamese every day.
g. I often have English three times a week.
h. I often have History twice a week.
i. I often go on a picnic every two weeks.
j. I often take a dictation every day.
k. I often have groupwork activity on Thurdays and Sundays.
l. I often get mark 10 three times a week.
m. I often play tick-tack-toe once a week.
n. I walk to school every day.
o. I am never absent from school.
2. Miss Mai, a secondary school teacher, often uses the imperative to get her students of English to do things for her. What do you think she says when: (Trang 43 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Sit down, please.
b. Show your homework, please.
c. Shut the door, please.
d. Open the window, please.
e. Write the answers in your exercise books, please.
f. Don't read the text before listening to tape.
g. Don't talk during the lesson.
h. Don't read the answer keys before completing the task.
3. Quang's sister told him many things. What exactly were the words she said to Quang? (Trang 43-44 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. "Try your best at school, Quang."
b. "Finish your homework before going to the movies."
c. "You should learn harder to improve your English pronunciation."
d. "Help me with using the computer, Quang."
e. "Correct your grammatical mistakes in your work."
f. "Go to the library, Quang."
g. "Stop tapping your foot."
h. "Look up new words in an English dictionary."
i. "You should take better care of your eyes."
j. "Practive speaking English, Quang."
4. How do you do these things? Use the adverbs in the box in your answers. (Trang 44 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. I can swim very well.
b. I learn Gaography badly.
c. I work on Math carefully.
d. I can sing beautifully.
e. I write in English very badly.
f. In Grade 7 I learnt English very well.
g. I can cook well.
h. In elementary school I studied very hard.
i. I ride the bicycle very fast.
j. I did the last English test very well.
5. You can add –er or –or to some verbs to make new words. (For example: learn + -er = learner.). Now make similar words by adding –er or –or to the following words. Then complete the sentences with one word you have made. (Trang 44-45 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
worker visitor reader writer teacher winner reported sender receiver loser
(Trang sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|a. teachers||b. receiver – sender||c. writer – reader|
|d. visitors||e. reporter||f. winner – loser|
6. What should these people do? You may use the verbs in the box. (Trang 45 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Quang should work harder.
b. She should eat less meat.
c. He should go to bed early.
d. She should save money to buy a camera.
e. She should improve her eyesight.
7. Read the sentences Ba said to Khanh yesterday and change them into reported speech. (Trang 46 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Ba said Khanh should change the way he learned English.
b. Ba asked Khanh whether/ if Khanh could lend him his history book.
c. Ba asked Khanh whether/ if Ba could borrow Khanh's physics paper because he wanted to check the answers.
d. Ba asked/told Khanh to help him with that exercise because he was hopeless at Vietnamese.
e. Ba said Khanh should learn the phoneties symbols to improve his English pronunciation.
f. Ba asked Khanh whether/ if Khanh could show him how to work that out.
8. Fill in each of the gaps in the passage below with one suitable word from the box. (Trang 46-47 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|1. school||2. pronunciation||3. improve||4. after||5. took|
|6. bookcase||7. dictionary||8. should||9. year||10. held|
9. Write complete sentences from the following sets of words and phrases. (Trang 47 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. I am (very) proud of my sister because she always studies well.
b. Yesterday the teacher said (that) I should work harder to improve my English grammar.
c. Jenny has Math three times a week.
d. We received the report two days ago.
e. My mother tole me to spend more time on History.
f. The teacher says that she needs to see a doctor.
g. His friend told him (that) he would visit him the next week.
h. Last semester she got good grades in Science, but the Chemistry results were poor.
i. His grandmother told him to write her once.
j. His mother is very sad because he studies very badly every semeter.
10. Change the following sentences into reported speech. (Trang 47-48 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Nga said (that) she needed to learn by heart 15 words before she went to school.
b. Linh asked me how he could pronounce that word.
c. Hoang told Quyen (that) she needed to practice writing more letters.
d. Mrs. Giang said (that) listening to conversations in English was very important.
e. Minh asked which dictionary he should buy.
f. Mr. Thanh told his class (that) mistakes helped you to learn.
g. Allan said (that) learning a foreign language was learning how to twist our tongue again.
h. Thomas told us (that) this was a CD that could help us improve our pronunciatinon.
11. Fill in each gap with a word from the box. There are more words than you need. The first one has been done for you. (Trang 48-49 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|a. opportunities||b. practice||c. ready||d. habits||e. patient|
|f. errors||g. attention||h. meaning||i. understand||j. feel|
12. Read the passage and answer the multiple-choice questions. (Trang 49-50 sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
|a. C||b. D||c. C||d. C||e. C|
Các bài soạn Tiếng Anh 8 Unit 5: Study Habits:
- Mục lục Tiếng Anh 8 Full
- Unit 5: Study Habits
Follow https://www.facebook.com/hoc.cung.vietjack/ để cùng nhau xây dựng một cộng đồng học tập lớn nhất cả nước.
Loạt bài Soạn Tiếng Anh 8 | Giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 8 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Học tốt Tiếng Anh 8 và Giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 và bám sát nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 8.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy Like và chia sẻ nhé!