Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 5 (Đề 2)
Unit 5: Technology and You
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 5
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest
1. a. prejudice b. cushion c. butcher d. recruitment
2. a. fullness b. afternoon c. illusion d. booth
3. a. route b. wood c. flute d. bamboo
4. a. improve b. woman c. wool d. pudding
5. a. rook b. football c. truth d. sugar
II. Choose the one word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. We read newspapers and magazines which have been produced on computers.
a. manufactured c. born
b. shaped d. based
7. Each time you turn it on, with appropriate hardware and software, it is capable of doing almost anything you ask.
a. suitable b. good c. right d. important
8. Bob is the kind of person to _______ one can talk about anything.
a. who b. whom c. that d. him
9. The problems _________ Harry has seem insurmountable.
a. what b. he c. that d. θ
10. Decide which of the four options below is the best title for the passage.
a. voices b. desires c. choices d. answers
11. Ask and answer questions about the uses of modern inventions.
a. up-to-date b. new c. late d. present
12. She noticed a marked __________ in the children on her second visit.
a. differ b. difference c. different d. differently
13. This is the first time I ___________ this kind of food.
a. have ever eaten c. have never eaten
b. had eaten d. eat
14. The earth, _________ is the fifth largest planet in the solar system, is the third planet from the sun.
a. who b. whom c. which d. that
15. ___________ is used for making exact copies of documents.
a. Computer b. Printer c. Photocopier d. Camcorder
III. Read the following passage. Choose the correct answer - a, b, c, or d.
One step beyond automated machines is the industrial robot, the heart and brain of which is the microcomputer. Unlike most automated machines, indus¬trial robots can be programmed to do a variety of tasks that are usually accom¬plished by human factory workers. Like their human counterparts, industrial robots can be switched from one job to another and can be programmed to handle new tasks. Thus far, robots have found their greatest use in assembling mechanical components. However, they are swiftly branching from basic as¬sembly operations to construction and mining, and their most glamorous use of all, the exploration of oceans and outer space.
16. The author's main purpose in writing this passage is to ________________.
a. describe the industrial robot and its uses.
b. narrate a story about the industrial robot.
c. compare the industrial robot to human factory workers.
d. argue the advantages of the industrial robot.
17. The author's reaction to an innovative form of transportation, such as the electric car, would most likely be _________ .
a. positive b. negative c. confusion d. surprise
18. The paragraph following this passage would most likely be about _________________.
a. types and uses of automated machines.
b. how industrial robots are used in exploration.
c. the uses of the microcomputer.
d. how robots assemble mechanical components.
19. This passage would most likely be found in _____________.
a. an entertainment magazine.
b. a medical journal.
c. a book of short stories.
d. a popular science journal.
20. It can be concluded from this passage that _______________.
a. robots will never replace human factory workers.
b. industrial robots are not as versatile as automated machines.
c. the microcomputer will soon be used in automated machines.
d. additional uses will be found for the industrial robot.
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. d||/u:/ còn lại là /ʊ/||11. a||modern = up-to-date|
|2. a||/ʊ/ còn lại là /u:/||12. b|
|3. b||/ʊ/ còn lại là /u:/||13. a|
|4. a||/u:/ còn lại là /ʊ/||14. c|
|5. c||/ʊ/ còn lại là /u:/||15. b||printer: máy in|
|6. a||produce: sản xuất (~ manufacture)||16. a|
|7. a||appropriate: phù hợp (~ suitable)||17. a|
|8. b||18. b|
|9. c||19. d|
|10. c||option: lựa chọn (~ choice)||20. d|
Các bài Giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 5 khác:
- Mục lục full
- Unit 5: Technology and You
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 10 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 và bám sát theo nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 10.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.