Đề kiểm tra 45 phút tiếng anh 10 học kì 2 (Unit 9,10,11) - Đề 2
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút tiếng anh 10 học kì 2 (Unit 9,10,11)
Đề 2 (Unit 9, 10, 11)
Choose the word whose underlined part is different from the rest:
1. a. clear b. gear c. bear d. year
2. a. plumber b. establish c. abroad d. benefit
3. a. scientist b. natural c. tiny d. plant
4. a. spread b. introduce c. destroy d. grandfather
5. a. gulf b. surface c. submarine d. current
Choose one word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase:
6. He would never do anything to _______ the lives of his children.
a. danger b. endanger
c. endangered d. dangerous
7. He said he _______ see his brother the next day.
a. should b. will c. would d. must
8. Whales and sharks are carnivores, _______ means they eat meat.
a. this b. that c. it d. which
9. Mary's children are used to _____ after school every day. They don't have to walk home.
a. picking up b. being picked up
c. be picked up d. pick up
10. Diaz is a wonderful ballet dancer. She ______ since she was four.
a. had been dancing b. has been danced
c. has danced d. was danced
11. Acid rain has caused severe _______ on the hillside.
a. erosion b. pollution c. destruction d. floods
12. Up to now, AIDS have not been _______, and more and more people died of the disease.
a. treated b. concerned c. killed d. stopped
13. The regulation of the competition will be announced _______ on TV next week.
a. office b. official c. officially d. officer
14. The peasants depend on a good harvest for their existence.
a. rely b. believe c. belong d. recognize
15. She is a famous _______. She is very interested in protecting wild animals from extinction.
a. conserve b. conservationist
c. conservation d. conservational
Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers:
The whale is the largest mammal in the world. Since the whale is shaped like a fish, why is it still considered a mammal? The fact is that the whale didn’t live on land a very long time ago. However, during its thousand of years of living in water, the whale gradually becomes structured like a fish. Thus, the whale has adapted to marine life. Nevertheless, though the whale resembles the fish externally, it still has characteristics of a mammal.
One important difference between the whale and the fish is that the baby whale is born alive. It is not hatched from an egg. Furthermore, the baby whale is fed on its mother’s milk just like other mammals.
Unlike other sea creatures, the whale is a warm blooded animal. It keeps itself warm in the cold water with a layer of blubber. ‘Blubber’ is a layer of oily tissue that protects the internal organs and retains heat.
16. What does the word “mammal” mean?
a. An animal that lives on land
b. An animal that lives in the sea
c. An animal that eats meat
d. An animal that drinks milk from its mother
17. What does the word “it” at the end of the first paragraph refer to?
a. a fish b. the whale c. a mammal d. milk
18. What is the purpose of ‘blubber’?
a. It protects the internal organs
b. It retains heat
c. It gives milk
d. Both A and B
19. Which sentence is NOT true about the whale?
a. The baby whale is hatched from an egg
b. It is the largest animal on earth
c. The baby whale is fed on its mother’s milk
d. The whale is a warm blooded animal
20. Which sentence is true about whales?
a. They don’t look like fish
b. They are only the largest animals in the sea
c. They used to live on land
d. They only live in warm water
Complete these sentences with the appropriate form of the words in parentheses:
21. The world’s rain forests must be safe from ________. (destroy)
22. Major steps are being taken to control the __________ of beaches. (pollute)
23. People are ___________ doing harm to the environment. (constant)
24. We should have had a proper _________ before voting. (discuss)
25. He has been living in an __________ since his parents died. (orphan)
Identify the one word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that must be changed for the sentence to be correct:
26. Wilshere will win the election if he campaigned harder.
a. the b. if c. campaigned d. harder
27. The match was cancelled due to the weather was bad.
a. was b. due to c. weather d. was bad
28. Hurricanes from the Gulf of Mexico have been caused considerable damage to coastal cities in Texas.
a. Hurricanes b. have been caused
c. considerable d. damage
29. The children are only allowed watching television on the weekend.
a. The children b. only
c. watching d. on the weekend
30. The oceans contain many forms of life that has not yet been discovered.
a. contain b. forms
c. has d. yet
Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words or phrases:
31. Our heating isn’t working and I feel cold.
If our heating _______________________________________________.
32. You can’t make a cake without flour.
33. The fire destroyed the forest completely.
The forest __________________________________________________.
34. I didn’t go to school on time this morning because the bus was late.
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. c||/eə/ còn lại: /ɪə/||13. c||officially: chính thức||25. orphanage|
|2. a||“b” câm: /ˈplʌmə(r)/||14. a||depend on = rely on: phụ thuộc vào, trông cậy vào||26. C||campaigned => campaigs (campaign: vận động tranh cử)|
|3. b||/ˈnætʃrəl/||15. b||conservationist: người tham gia công cuộc bảo vệ môi trường và thiên nhiên||27. b||due to => because/as|
|4. d||“d” câm: /ˈɡrænfɑːðə(r)/||16. d||mammal: động vật có vú||28. B||have been caused => have caused|
|5. b||/ɜ:/ còn lại: /ʌ/||17. B||continue to V: tiếp tục làm gì||29. C||watching => to watch|
|6. b||endanger: gây nguy hiểm||18. d||“ ‘Blubber’ is a layer of oily tissue that protects the internal organs and retains heat.”||30. C||has => have|
|7. c||19. a||31. If our heating were working, I wouldn’t feel cold.|
|8. d||20. C||“The fact is that the whale didn’t live on land a very long time ago.”||32. Unless you have flour, you can’t make a cake.|
|9. b||be used to V-ing: quen với việc gì đó. pick up: đón||21. destruction||33. The forest was destroyed completely by the fire.|
|10. c||22. pollution||34. If the bus hadn’t been late, I would have gone to school on time this morning.|
|11. a||erosion: sự xói mòn||23. constantly|
|12. d||24. discussion|
Các đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 10 học kì 2 khác:
Tải VietJack App Android App IOS
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 10 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 và bám sát theo nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 10.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.