Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10 (Đề 1)
Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10 (Đề 1)
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest:
1. A. ance B. teaing C. emistry D. ildren
2. A. warded B. cademic C. ddress D. nother
3. A. s B. mt C. hd D. ht
4. A. wldlife B. chldren C. heght D. tme
5. A. chnnel B. pper C. rin D. fmous
Choose the best option for each sentence:
6. By the time he _____, all his classmates _____ the computer room.
A. arrived/ left B. had arrived/ left
C. was arriving/ left D. arrived/ had left
7. Each time you _____ on your computer, it is capable of doing almost anything you ask it to.
A. get B. make C. put D. turn
8. My mother suggested _____ energy-saving appliances for our new house.
A. buy B. to buy C. buying D. bought
9. Quan Ho singing is a Vietnamese style of _____ music that was recognized by UNESCO in 2009.
A. dance B. hip-hop C. folk D. pop
10. He's a ________. He spends most of his time working in the field.
A. engineer B. peasant C.cyclo driver D. pilot
11. When you lived in the countryside, ___________ to help your parents with the farming work?
A. were you use B. did you used
C. did you use D. were you used
12. Life is all right if you have a job, but things are not so easy for the _______ .
A. unemployed B. employed
C. employment D. unemployment
13. Her job is ___________ of mentally retarded children in the area.
A. taking care B. looking
C. taking notice D. watching
14. Please meet me at the train station in ______ hour from now.
A. a B. an
C. the D. Ø
15. Computers are capable _____ doing almost anything you ask.
A. in B. at
C. with D. of
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) closest in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
16. The cottage is surrounded by the most glorious countryside.
A. ordinary B. beautiful
C. honorable D. gloomy
17. Peter often helps do the laundry because he feels happy to see his parents dress well to work.
A. make the bed B. wash the clothes
C. clean the house D. cook meals
18. A CV (curriculum vitae) is a form with details about somebody's past education and occupations.
A. dreams B. hobbies
C. marks D. jobs
19. The Internet has many benefits. But it also has limitations.
A. obligations B. knowledges
C. advantages D. disadvantages
20. Last year we had a bumper crop of strawberries.
A. good crop B. cash crop
C. poor crop D. bad crop
Read the passage carefully and choose the best option to fill in each blank:
In American high schools, students move from one class to (21) ________ and study each subject with a different teacher and a different group of classmates. Many high schools have a tracking system, (22) _____ groups students according (23)____ academic ability and motivation. So more capable and hard-working students take more difficult courses. Depending on the subject, classes may be offered at two, three, or even four different ability levels. High school students have (24)_____ very busy day. They have to take five or six academic subjects as well as physical education. They also have to do homework, (25)__________ research in the school library, and take part in activities such as the school band, school newspaper, athletics, drama or clubs. However, these school activities are worth doing because they help students find friends with similar interests, develop their talents, gain greater self-confidence, and even discover their career goals.
21. A. one another B. others C. another D. each other
22. A. that B. whom C. why D. which
23. A. to B. on C. for D. in
24. A. an B. a C. the D. no article
25. A. make B. discover C. do D. care
Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers:
Television is one of man's most important means of communication. It brings pictures and sounds from around the world into millions of homes. A person with a television set can sit in his house and watch the President compose a speech or visit a foreign country. He can see a war being fought and watch statesmen try to bring about peace. Through television, home viewers can see and learn about people, places and things in faraway lands. TV even takes its viewers out of this world. It brings them coverage of America's astronauts as the astronauts explore outer space.
In addition to all these things, television brings its viewers a steady stream of programs that are designed to entertain. In fact, TV provides many more entertainment programs than any other kind. The programs include action-packed dramas, light comedies, sporting events, and motion pictures.
26. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Visiting foreign countries through television.
B. The importance of television.
C. Entertainment programmes on television.
D. Exploring outer space.
27. On television what can we see the president do?
A. make a speech.
B. visit a foreign country.
C. bring about peace.
D. both A and B
28. What does the word "them" in the last sentence of the first paragraph refer to?
A. viewers B. places C. astronauts D. statesmen
29. According to the passage, which of the following statements is not true?
A. Television can bring us entertainment.
B. People know events and sounds from a different world.
C. By watching TV, people can widen their knowledge.
D. People can watch TV without going out.
30. According to the passage, which of the following is not in the list of entertainment programmes?
A. comedy B. sports event
C. quiz show D. drama
Rewrite the following sentences in such a way that it has the same meaning as the original sentence:
31. The pop star will release his new album next month.
The pop star's new album _____________________________________.
32. Because it rained heavily, we canceled our trip.
It rained ___________________________________________________.
33. No one has used that car for 5 years.
That car ___________________________________________________.
34. The last time she went out with him was three years ago.
She hasn't _________________________________________________.
35. No one has ever answered these questions.
These questions ____________________________________________.
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. C||/ˈkemɪstri/||13. A||take care of somebody: chăm sóc cho ai đó||25. C|
|2. B||/ˌækəˈdemɪk/||14. B||26. B|
|3. C||/hed/||15. D||be capable of V-ing: có khả năng làm việc gì đó||27. D||A person with a television set can sit in his house and watch the President compose a speech or visit a foreign country.|
|4. B||/ˈtʃɪldrən/||16. B||28. A|
|5. A||/ˈtʃænl/||17. B||laundry: giặt là||29. B|
|6. D||18. D||occupation: nghề nghiệp||30. C|
|7. D||turn on: bật||19. C||31. ... will be released next month.|
|8. C||suggest + V-ing: gợi ý việc ...||20. A||bumper crop: mùa bội thu||32. ... heavily, so we canceled our trip|
|9. C||folk music: âm nhạc dân gian||21. C||33. ... hasn't been used for 5 years.|
|10. B||peasant: nông dân||22. D||34. ... gone out with him for three years|
|11. C||the unemployed: những người thất nghiệp||23. A||35. ... have never been answered (by anyone).|
|12. A||24. B|
Các đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10 khác:
Ngân hàng trắc nghiệm lớp 10 tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
- Hơn 7500 câu trắc nghiệm Toán 10 có đáp án
- Hơn 5000 câu trắc nghiệm Hóa 10 có đáp án chi tiết
- Gần 4000 câu trắc nghiệm Vật lý 10 có đáp án
KHÓA HỌC GIÚP TEEN 2004 ĐẠT 9-10 THI THPT QUỐC GIA
Tổng hợp các video dạy học từ các giáo viên giỏi nhất - CHỈ TỪ 199K cho teen 2k4 tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.