Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10 (Đề 2)
Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10 (Đề 2)
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest:
1. A. fniture B. svive C. nse D. htful
2. A. wldlife B. vsual C. alttude D. destnation
3. A. thsand B. abt C. arnd D. shld
4. A. tcher B. recve C. strt D. grt
5. A. rdy B. mt C. deft D. bt
Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D that best completes each sentence:
6. John is always late for class, ___________ annoys the teacher.
A. which B. this
C. what D. that
7. Now I don't go to school on foot as I _________.
A. had been B. did
C. used to D. was
8. Without the Braille Alphabet it would be very difficult for _________.
A. the disabled B. the deaf
C. the mute D. the blind
9. Thuy's class is different _______ other classes because the children are disabled.
A. on B. from
C. in D. at
10. He is tired now ________ he stayed up late watching TV.
A. because B. so
C. but D. and
11. There is ______ apple and ____ banana on the table.
A. an/ a B. a/ an
C. an/ some D. a/ any
12. She _________ on a cruise next summer.
A. goes B. is going
C. is going to D. will go
13. Writing is a special kind of ___________.
A. accommodation B. transportation
C. communication D. publication
14. Are you _________ on the excursion to Sai Gon today?
A. coming B. taking
C. booking D. setting
15. What a _________ person the old woman was!
A. human B. humane
C. humanitarian D. humanism
Read the text below to decide the correct answers:
Personal computers, or PCs, are an important part of our everyday lives. Many people cannot imagine life without them. One of the most important people in making these machines work is Bill Gates. Bill Gates was born in 1955 in Washington State. He grew up in a rich family. His parents sent him to a private school. There he met his business partner, Paul Allen. When they were in eighth grade, they were writing programs for business computers and making more.
In 1973, Gates was accepted at Harvard University. His parents were happy. They thought he would get over his obsession with computers and become a lawyer like his father. Two years later, Gates dropped out of Harvard to work on a computer program with his friend Allen. They worked eighteen hours a day in a dormitory room at Harvard. They were writing the program that would run one of the first personal computers. In 1975, they created a company called Microsoft to sell their product.
Allen became ill with cancer and left Microsoft in 1983. He recovered a few years later and started his own company. Meanwhile, Microsoft became a giant company. By 1990, at the age of thirty-four, Gates was the youngest billionaire in the history of the United States. He was the "King of Software". He achieved his success with a lot of hard work. For more than ten years, he worked sixteen-hour days, seven days a week. He had a dream and the will to succeed. By 1997, he was the richest man in the United States.
16. According to the writer, __________________________.
A. people cannot live without personal computers
B. computers play an important part of our lives
C. Bill Gates invented personal computers
D. Bill Gates is the most important people in computer science
17. The phrase "dropped out of" as bold mean __________.
A. graduated from B. got over
C. took part in D. stopped taking class at
18. According to the passage, ____________________________.
A. Bill Gate's parents wanted him to become a computer programmer.
B. Bill Gates and Paul Allen created Microsoft because they want to sell their program for personal computers.
C. Paul Allen left Microsoft because he wanted to start his own company.
D. Bill Gates met his business partner at Harvard.
19. How old was Bill Gates when he became the richest man in the United States?
A. 34 B. 51 C. 42 D. 44
20. Which of the following is not mentioned in the text?
A. In a few years, Microsoft became a very large company.
B. Bill Gates and Paul Allen first wrote programs for business computers when they were about fifteen.
C. Bill Gates earned his success by working very hard.
D. Bill Gates is the richest man in the United States.
Read the passage carefully and choose the best option to fill in each blank:
In the last 100 years, technology has (21)__________ changed the way we live. At the touch of a button, we can look (22)____ almost anything we need to know on the internet. We have electricity, aero planes, television and we have ever been (23)____ the moon. So what sort of inventions will be there in the 21st century? Indeed is there anything important still left (24)__________ ? It (25)_________ that there is. Scientists all over the world are looking (26)______ Nano technology with a great deal of interest. This is the science of building small machines and when we say small, we mean very small. To give you an idea of the size the scientists are talking about, these machines would be about a million billion times smaller than the smallest bit of dust. Nano technology will (27)___________ enormous changes. Doctors, (28)___________, will be able to cure any illness. The environment will be improved because it will be possible to take the polluted air we breathe and make it clean again. But perhaps the most (29)________ thought of all is that we won’t have to wait a thousand years for Nano technology – many people believe there is a good chance it will come in our (30)_________ .
21. A. completely B. never C. just D. full
22. A. out B. in C. up D. over
23. A. at B. over C. to D. through
24. A. to invent B. being invented C. invention D. invented
25. A. turns B. shows C. indicates D. seems
26. A. into B. up C. down D. after
27. A. bring about B. get over C. account for D. make up of
28. A. however B. moreover C. for example D. especially
29. A. excited B. exciting C. excitement D. excitant
30. A. lifelong B. lifetime C. lifestyle D. lifespan
Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means as the same as the sentence printed before it:
31. He could repair the broken vase.
The _________________________________________________ .
32. Although he had a good salary he was unhappy in his job.
In spite _______________________________________________ .
33. "Would you like to come round for a drink?" He said.
He ___________________________________________________ .
34. Would you like me to call the police?
I'll call ________________________________________________ .
35. I have arranged to meet Mr. Long tomorrow evening.
I’m ___________________________________________________ .
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. B||/ə/ còn lại là /ɜ:/||19. C|
|2. A||/aɪ/ còn lại là /ɪ/||20. D|
|3. D||/ʊ/ còn lại là /aʊ/||21. A|
|4. D||/ei/ còn lại là /i:/||22. C||look up: tìm kiếm|
|5. A||/e/ còn lại là /i:/||23. C|
|6. A||24. A|
|7. C||25. D|
|8. D||26. A||look into: xem xét, nghiên cứu|
|9. B||27. A||bring about: dẫn đến|
|10. A||28. C|
|11. A||29. B|
|12. B||go on a cruise: du ngoạn bằng tàu thuyền||30. B||lifetime: cuộc đời, đời sống|
|13. C||communication: giao tiếp||31. The broken vase could be repaired (by him).|
|14. A||32. In spite of good salary, he was unhappy in his job.|
|15. B||33. He invited me to come round for a drink.|
|16. B||34. I'll call the police if you like.|
|17. D||35. I’m meeting Mr. Long tomorrow evening.|
Các đề kiểm tra học kì 1 Tiếng Anh 10 khác:
Ngân hàng trắc nghiệm lớp 10 tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
- Hơn 7500 câu trắc nghiệm Toán 10 có đáp án
- Hơn 5000 câu trắc nghiệm Hóa 10 có đáp án chi tiết
- Gần 4000 câu trắc nghiệm Vật lý 10 có đáp án
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.