Đề kiểm tra học kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 (Phần 3)
Đề kiểm tra học kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 (Phần 3)
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest:
1. a. suppl b. dirt c. happ d. energ
2. a. surprse b. devse c. promse d. realze
3. a. out b. lau c. thou d. plou
4. a. mbrella b. niform c. niversity d. nit
5. a. end b. ity c. ancel d. igarette
Choose the best answer among A, B, C, or D to complete each of the following sentences:
6. Mothers have long used folk songs to ______ babies to sleep
A. delight B. communicate C. buzz D. lull
7. To attract film viewers, a majority of film makers now tend to expose nude ________.
A. motions B. parts C. scenes D. events
8. Pélé is regarded _________ the greatest football player of all time
A. at B. as C. for D. with
9. It was not until ____________________ that she cooked the meal.
A. her father would come home
B. her father has come home
C. her father came home
D. her father comes home
10. The Palace hotel was __________than the Grosvenor.
A. expensive B. more expensive
C. the most expensive D. the more expensive
11. ________ do you like to live – in the city or in the countryside?
A. How B. When C. What D. Where
12. The children became _______ about the cartoon.
A. exciting B. to excite C. excited D. excite
13. Peter has practiced playing the piano ________________ the piano contest next week.
A. in order enter B. to entering
C. to enter D. not to enter
14. Everyone knows what is happening to _____ earth but we just do not know how to stop it.
A. an B. a C. the D. Φ
15. Most chemicals ___________ the ground and the underground water.
A. contaminated B. contaminate
C. contamination D. contaminating
Read the following passage and choose the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks:
Football is the most (16)_________ sport in Britain, particularly amongst men. It (17)_________ by boys in most schools. Most towns have an amateur football team which plays in a minor league. Football is also the most popular (18)_______ sport in Britain. Many people go to see their favorite professional team (19)_________ at home, and some go away matches. Many more people watch football (20)_______ television.
16. A. important B. famous C. difficult D. popular
17. A. plays B. was played C. is played D. played
18. A. spectator B. viewer C. champion D. trophy
19. A. kicking B. taking C. running D. playing
20. A. in B. on C. over D. at
Read the passage and choose the correct answer:
Country music is one of the most popular kinds of music in the United States today. Maybe, country music is very popular because it is about simple but strong human feelings and events like love, sadness, good times and bad times. It tells real life stories and sounds the way people really talk. As life becomes more complicated and difficult, it is good to hear about simple ordinary people.
Country music is sometimes called country-western music. It comes from two kinds of music. One is the traditional music of the people in the Appalachian Mountains in the eastern United States. The other is traditional, cowboy music from the American West. The singers usually play guitars or electric guitars when they sing.
Country music became very popular in the South. During World War II, thousands of people from the South moved to the Northeast and the Midwest to work in factories. They took their music with them. Soldiers from the rest of the country went to army camps in the South and learned to like country music there. Slowly, it became popular all over the United States.
21. Country music is very popular because _______________________.
A. it's about strong human feelings
B. it's about events like love, sadness
C. it tells about good times, bad times
D. all are correct
22. Country music is _______________________.
A. the traditional music of the people in the eastern United States
B. considered as the cowboy music from the American West
C. sometimes called country-western music
D. from two kinds of music which haven't been widely known
23. According to the passage, it's untrue to say that ________________.
A. Country music became very popular in the South
B. Factory workers took country music with them from the South
C. Country music was brought from the South by soldiers
D. Gradually, country music became popular all over the United States
24. The best title for the passage is ____________________.
A. Country music
B. Music in the United States
C. The Formation of Country Music
D. The Benefits of Country Music
25. The singers usually play _________________________ when they sing.
A. drum and violins
B. guitars or electric guitars
C. the music instruments
D. guitars and piano
Find one mistake that needs correction in each of the following questions:
26. Philip at .
A. was B. very C. annoying D. James's behavior
27. wouldn't have begun learn Russian if he the .
A. He B. to C. knows D. difficulties
28. It not last Sunday I realized I wrong.
A. was B. until C. when D. had been
29. was interesting than I it .
A. The film B. most C. had expected D. to be
Rewrite the following sentences, so that they have the same meaning as the original ones, using the words given at the beginning:
30. We will have to make him work harder.
He will ________________________________________________.
31. The flat is very noisy but we enjoy living there.
32. “I am leaving tomorrow,” she said, “by 4.30 from Nha Trang station.”
She said _______________________________________________.
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. a||/aɪ/, còn lại: /i/||19. D|
|2. c||/ɪ/, còn lại: /aɪ/||20. B|
|3. b||/f/, còn lại “gh” câm||21. D||“...country music is very popular because it is about simple but strong human feelings and events like love, sadness, good times and bad times.”|
|4. a||/ʌ/, còn lại: /ju/||22. C||“Country music is sometimes called country-western music.”|
|5. c||/k/, còn lại: /s/||23. C|
|6. D||lull: ru (ngủ)||24. A|
|7. C||25. B||“The singers usually play guitars or electric guitars when they sing.”|
|8. B||be regarded as …: được xem/đánh giá là …||26. C||
annoying => annoyed
be annoyed at (about) something: bực mình khó chịu vì cái gì
|9. C||27. C||knows => had known|
|10. B||28. C||when => that|
|11. D||29. B||most => more|
|12. C||30. He will have to be made to work harder.|
|13. C||31. Although the flat is very noisy, we enjoy living there.|
|14. C||32. She said that she was leaving the next day by 4.30 from Nha Trang station.|
|15. B||contaminate: ô nhiễm|
|18. A||spectator sport: môn thể thao có khán giả|
Các đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh 10 cuối học kì 2 khác:
Ngân hàng trắc nghiệm lớp 10 tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
- Hơn 7500 câu trắc nghiệm Toán 10 có đáp án
- Hơn 5000 câu trắc nghiệm Hóa 10 có đáp án chi tiết
- Gần 4000 câu trắc nghiệm Vật lý 10 có đáp án
KHÓA HỌC GIÚP TEEN 2004 ĐẠT 9-10 THI THPT QUỐC GIA
Tổng hợp các video dạy học từ các giáo viên giỏi nhất - CHỈ TỪ 199K cho teen 2k4 tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.