Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 Bài 10: Conservation (Phần 2)
Unit 10: Conservation
Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 Bài 10: Conservation (Phần 2)
Đề luyện 1:
Choose the word in which the letters b or p is silent:
1. a. combine b. problem c. lamb d. Dublin
2. a. pneumonia b. equipment c. explosion d. surprise
3. a. obey b. tomb c. table d. blade
4. a. program b. people c. psalm d.pipe
5. a. debt b. able c. football d. trouble
Choose the one word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that best completes the sentence:
6. Have you ever seen a forest _________ by fire?
a. destroy b. destroyed
c. was destroyed d. which destroyed
7. Zoos don’t want __________ as places where animals are imprisoned.
a. to see b. seeing
c. to be seen d. being seen
8. All the plants and animals need a constant _______ of water to live.
a. offer b. borrow
c. supply d. provide
9. John Aspinall is famous for his performance of _________ endangered animals.
a. growing b. breeding
c. rising d. planting
10. Do you know when ______________ ?
a. penicillin was discovered
b. did penicillin discover
c. was penicillin discovered
d. penicillin discovered
11. Be sure to wash these vegetables thoroughly. A lot of pesticide residue _________ on unwashed produce.
a. can find b. can be found
c. can found d. can be finding
12. A shortage of water is a problem in many parts of the world. In some areas, water ________ from the ground faster than nature can replenish the supply.
a. is being taken b. is taking
c. has been taking d. has taken
13. Vitamin C __________ by the human body. It gets into the blood stream quickly.
a. absorbs easily b. is easily absorbing
c. is easily absorbed d. absorbed easily
14. Hundreds of species of plants and animals __________________.
a. are already be eliminated
b. have already being eliminated
c. have already been eliminated
d. are already been eliminated
Read the following passage carefully, then choose the correct answers:
We are all slowly destroying the earth. The seas and rivers are too dirty to swim in. There is so much smoke in the air that it is unhealthy to live in many of the world’s cities. In one well-known city, for example, poisonous gases from cars pollute the air so much that traffic policemen have to wear oxygen masks.
We have cut down so many trees that there are now vast areas of wasteland all over the world. As a result, farmers in parts of Africa cannot grow enough to eat. In certain countries in Asia there is too little rice. Moreover, we do not take enough care of the countryside. Wild animals are quickly disappearing. For instance, tigers are rare in India now because we have killed too many for them to survive. However, it isn’t enough simply to talk about the problem. We must act now before it is too late to do anything about it. Join us now. Save the Earth. This is too important to ignore.
15. The seas and rivers nowadays __________________.
a. cannot be swum in
b. are less dirty than they used to be
c. are dirty enough to swim in
d. are contaminated
16. Smoke _________________________.
a. is harmful to health
b. is full of the big cities
c. causes an healthy life
d. makes life in big cities difficult
17. In one well-known city, traffic policemen have to wear oxygen masks ______________________.
a. in order to protect themselves from being injured
b. because there are so many cars on the streets
c. in spite of poisonous gases
d. because of air pollution
18. Why do farmers in parts of Africa and Asia not grow enough to eat?
a. Because many trees have been planted.
b. Because people cut down many trees.
c. Because there is too little rice
d. Because there are large areas of land that cannot be used.
19. Wild animals are _______________________.
a. in danger of extinction
b. being protected from natural environment
c. killed so many that they cannot live in the forests
d. so rare that they cannot survive
20. What’s the best title for the passage?
b. Protect the Nature
c. The Environment
d. Save the Earth
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. c||/læm/||11. b|
|2. a||/njuːˈməʊniə/||12. A|
|3. b||/tuːm/||13. c||absorb: hấp thụ|
|4. c||/sɑːm/||14. c|
|5. a||/det/||15. d||
“The seas and rivers are too dirty to swim in.”- contaminated: ô nhiễm
|6. b||16. a||“There is so much smoke in the air that it is unhealthy to live in many of the world’s cities.”|
|7. c||be seen as: được xem là||17. d||“...poisonous gases from cars pollute the air so much that traffic policemen have to wear oxygen masks.”|
|8. C||supply: sự cung cấp||18. D||“...there are now vast areas of wasteland all over the world.”|
|9. B||breed: chăn nuôi||19. a||“Wild animals are quickly disappearing.”|
|10. a||20. d|
Các bài Giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 10 khác:
- Mục lục full
- Unit 10: Conservation
Ngữ pháp tiếng anh 10 Unit 10 Ôn tập câu bị động (the passive voice) ...
Tải VietJack App Android App IOS
Loạt bài soạn Tiếng Anh 10 | giải bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 | Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 của chúng tôi được biên soạn một phần dựa trên cuốn sách: Để Học tốt Tiếng Anh 10 và bám sát theo nội dung sgk Tiếng Anh lớp 10.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.