Giải SBT Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 4: Learning a foreign language
Giải SBT Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 4: Learning a foreign language
1. (trang 36 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Yesterday you met a friend of yours, Nam. Nam told you a lot of things. Here are some of things he said to you.
a) He said (that) their new house was beautiful.
b) He said (that) he wanted to be a teacher of English
c) He said (that) he was thinking of going to study English in Australia.
d) He said (that) he couldn’t speak Chinese.
e) He said (that) his sister was then having a wonderful time in Nha Trang.
f) He said (that) he would be very buy that day.
g) He said (that) he had to come to the meeting the next day.
h) He said (that) those roses were for me.
i) He said (that) he was going away for a few days. He would phone me later.
2. (trang 37 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Last summer Nam attended an intensive English course in the UK. He went to see a landlady called Mrs. Smith about a Hat. Nam and Mrs. Smith both asked a lot of questions to each other. Then Nam told you about it. Now suppose you are Nam, report all the questions.
a) I asked her what sort of heating there was.
b) She asked me what I thought of the flat.
c) I asked her how far it was to the school.
d) She asked me how I went to school.
e) I asked her how much the rent was.
f) She asked me what sort of carpet I wanted to replace.
g) I asked her how often she wanted the rent.
h) She asked me when I was moving in.
3. (trang 38 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): The following are some more questions both Mrs. Smith and Nam asked. Report the question for Nam, but this time you need to use if or whether.
a) I asked her if / whether there was a phone.
b) She asked me if / whether i had many friends.
c) I asked her if / whether there was a fridge in the kitchen.
d) She asked me if / whether I smoked.
e) I asked her if / whether the flat had Central heating.
f) She asked me if / vvhether I sometimes had a party.
g) I asked her if / whether I could move the furniture around.
h) She asked me if / whether I often got home after 10.30 pm.
i) I asked her if / whether there was a TV in the bedroom.
4. (trang 38 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): A new student, Paul, has come to a toreign language college and the students are asking him questions. Imagine that he reports these questions later to an English friend.
a) Ann asked if / whether I could speak English.
b) Peter asked how long I was staying there.
c) Linda asked if / whether I was working as well as studying.
d) Ann asked what I was going to study.
e) Bill asked if / whether I wanted to buy any second-hand books.
f) Peter asked what kind of sports I liked best.
g) Linda asked if / whether I was interested in acting.
h) Linda asked if / whether I liked to join their Dramma Group.
i) Ann asked what I thought of the canteen coffee.
j) Bill asked what soft drinks I asked.
5. (trang 39 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Paul asked the students some questions about the college. Imagine that he also reports his questions to the English friend.
a) I asked what the name of the college was.
b) I asked how many students there were in the college.
c) I asked who the headmaster was.
d) I asked how big the classes were.
e) I asked if / whether the classes were streamed.
f) I asked what foreign language they taught besides English.
g) I asked if / whether there was a college orchestra.
h) I asked what games they often played.
i) I asked if / whether the food in the college was good.
j) I asked what sorts of food they served.
6. (trang 40 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the passage.
1 - e 2-d 3-a 4 - f 5 - b 6-c
a) All languages have rules for forming words and for ordering those words in meaningful sentences.
b) In written languages, meaning is expressed through a System of characters and rules for combining those characters. In spoken languages, meaning is expressed through a system of sounds and rules for combining those sounds.
c) Word order is more important in English that it is in some languages, such as Russian.
d) Like other languages English is always changing, but it changes very slowly.
e) Yes, they do. For example, the English word byte was invented by Computer specialists in 1959. The word tomato was borrowed from Nahuatl, an American Indian language spoken in Mexico. The word meat once referred to food in general.
f) They learn English as well as languages by listening, copying what they hear, and using the language.
7. (trang 42 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Complete the following dialogues, using the modal verbs in brackets and the information in the box.
a) ... we must run as quickly as possible.
b) ... we can go home.
c) She ought to go to the doctor...
d) ... the plane might be diverted.
e) ... you may leave now.
f) ... could you ask her to phone me?
g) ... you should practice listening to the radio regularly.
h) ... you have to complete your assignments.
i) We must take a taxi...
8. (trang 43 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Identifỳ the word type of the underlined words in the following sentences. Write the correct term at the end of each sentence.
|1. noun||6. adjective||11. preposition|
|2. adverb||7. noun||12. pronoun / article|
|3. noun||8. conjunction||13. adjective/ conjunction|
|4. adjective / verb||9. conjunction / pronoun||14. adjective/ preposition|
|5. verb||10. preposition||15. conjunction|
9. (trang 44 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the passage about English and fill in each gap with one suitable word. Circle A, B, C or D.
|1. A||4. A||7. D||10. B||13. D||16. A|
|2. C||5. B||8. C||11. A||14. C||17. C|
|3. D||6. B||9. D||12. C||15. C||18. B|
10. (trang 46 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the passage and answer the multiple-choice questions.
1. C 2. A 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. C
Các bài giải sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 9 khác:
Xem thêm các loạt bài Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 9 hay khác:
- Giải bài tập Tiếng anh 9
- 600 Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 9 có đáp án
- Giải bài tập Tiếng anh 9 thí điểm
- Top 30 Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh 9 có đáp án
Ngân hàng trắc nghiệm lớp 9 tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
GIẢM GIÁ 75% KHÓA HỌC VIETJACK HỖ TRỢ DỊCH COVID
Phụ huynh đăng ký mua khóa học lớp 9 cho con, được tặng miễn phí khóa ôn thi học kì. Cha mẹ hãy đăng ký học thử cho con và được tư vấn miễn phí. Đăng ký ngay!
Tổng đài hỗ trợ đăng ký khóa học: 084 283 45 85
Đã có app VietJack trên điện thoại, giải bài tập SGK, SBT Soạn văn, Văn mẫu, Thi online, Bài giảng....miễn phí. Tải ngay ứng dụng trên Android và iOS.
Nhóm học tập facebook miễn phí cho teen 2k6: fb.com/groups/hoctap2k6/Theo dõi chúng tôi miễn phí trên mạng xã hội facebook và youtube:
Loạt bài Giải sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 9 | Giải sbt Tiếng Anh 9 của chúng tôi biên soạn bám sát nội dung Sách bài tập Tiếng Anh 9.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.
Nhóm hỏi bài 2k6