Bài tập Unit 16 lớp 12
Unit 16 lớp 12: The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
Bài tập Unit 16 lớp 12
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. a. trde b. mjor c. rte d. pln
2. a. viion b. uck c. ervice d. eries
3. a. jstice b. prodct c. indstry d. clture
4. a. alough b. us c. row d. wiin
5. a. accnt b. csin c. fnder d. sthern
II. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest:
6. a. diverge b. progress c. promote d. combine
7. a. Buddhism b. currency c. average d. domestic
8. a. accelerate b. stability c. agriculture d. original
9. a. Catholicism b. Christianity c. economical d. transportation
10. a. statistics b. estimate c. investment d. establish
III. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase:
11. The organization hosts cultural activities in _______ attempt to further integrate the region.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
12. ASEAN also works for the _______ of peace and stability in the region.
a. promote b. promotion c. promotional d. promoter
13. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, commonly referred to as ASEAN, is a geo-political and _______ organization.
a. economy b. economic c. economics d. economical
14. The motivations for the birth of ASEAN were the desire for a _______ environment.
a. stable b. stability c. stably d. stabilize
15. ASEAN is an organization on the Southeast Asian region that aims to _______ economic growth, social progress, and cultural development.
a. account b. include c. accelerate d. respect
16. The Association of Southeast Asia which consists of 10 countries located in Southeast Asia was _______ on August 8, 1967 by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
a. found b. founded c. invented d. discovered
17. The aims of the Association of Southeast Asia include the evolvement of economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
a. goals b. organizations c. missions d. plans
18. Southeast Asia is a region of diverse cultures.
a. same b. adopted c. various d. respected
19. The ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) is an agreement by the member nations of ASEAN concerning local manufacturing in all ASEAN countries.
a. progressing b. producing c. combining d. aiming
20. ASEAN has planned equitable economic development and reduced poverty and _______ disparities in year 2020.
a. socio-politic b. socio-cultural
c. socio-linguistic d. socio-economic
21. The Governments of ASEAN have paid special attention _______ trade.
a. to b. on c. for d. with
22. _________________, I will give him the report.
a. When he will return b. When he returns
c. Until he will return d. No sooner he returns
23. _______ the firemen arrived to help, we had already put out the fire.
a. Until b. No sooner c. By the time d. After
24. I have earned my own living _______ I was seven.
a. since b. when c. while d. as soon as
25. ________________, James came to see me.
a. While having dinner b. While I was having dinner
c. When having dinner d. When lam having dinner
IV. Find a mistake in the four underlined parts of each sentence and correct it:
26. Singapore is an island nation with 63 islands, located at the southern
tip of the Malay Peninsula. At 704.0 km2, it is a smallest country in
27. The population of Singapore is approximately 4.59 million. Though
Singapore is highly cosmopolitan and diversity, ethnic Chinese forms
the majority of the population.
28. Singapore has a highly developed market-based economy. Singapore,
along with Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan, are one of the Four
29. Singapore is a popularity travel destination, making tourism one of its
largest industries. About 9.7 million tourists visited Singapore in 2006.
30. Singapore plays an active role in the Association of Southeast Asian
Nations, of that Singapore is a founding member.
V. Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer:
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations or ASEAN was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok by the five original Member Countries, namely, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. Brunei joined on 8 January 1984, Vietnam on 28 July 1995, Lao PDR and Myanmar on 23 July 1997, and Cambodia on 30 April 1999. The ASEAN Declaration states that the aims and purposes of the Association are: to accelerate economic growth, social progress and cultural development in the region and to promote regional peace and stability through abiding respect for justice and the rule of law in the relationship among countries in the region and adherence to the principles of the United Nations Charter.
In 2003, the ASEAN Leaders resolved that an ASEAN Community shall be established comprising three pillars, namely, ASEAN Security Community, ASEAN Economic Community and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community.
The ASEAN Vision 2020, adopted by the ASEAN Leaders on the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN, agreed on a shared vision of ASEAN as a concert of Southeast Asian nations, outward looking, living in peace, stability and prosperity, bonded together in partnership in dynamic development and in a community of caring societies.
ASEAN Member Countries have adopted the following fundamental principles in their relations with one another, as contained in the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia (TAC):
- mutual respect for the independence, sovereignty, equality, territorial integrity, and national identity of all nations;
- the right of every State to lead its national existence free from external interference, subversion or coercion;
- non-interference in the internal affairs of one another;
- settlement of differences or disputes by peaceful manner;
- renunciation of the threat or use of force; and
- effective cooperation among themselves.
(*) Từ mới:
abide: tồn tại; kéo dài; chịu đựng; chờ đợi;
adherence: sự trung thành với, sự gắn bó với; sự giữ vững;
pillar: cột, trụ;
sovereignty: chủ quyền;
dispute: cuộc bàn cãi, cuộc tranh luận; tranh chấp;
renunciation: sự từ bỏ; sự hi sinh;
31. According to the text, which nation is the last member to join The Association of Southeast Asian Nations up to now.
a. Vietnam b. The Philippines c. Brunei d. Cambodia
32. The ASEAN Declaration is about ____________________.
a. the cultures of all the members of the organization
b. the development of all countries allover the world
c. the aims and purposes of the organization
d. the laws of the members of the organization
33. The third paragraph is about ___________________.
a. living in peace, stability and prosperity c. The ASEAN Vision 2020
b. the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN d. the ASEAN Leaders
34. The Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia __________.
a. is not accepted by ASEAN Member Countries
b. consists of fundamental principles in the relations of ASEAN Member Countries
c. is disapproved by ASEAN Member Countries
d. has two principles
35. Which principle does not belong to the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia?
a. interference in the internal affairs of member countries
b. effective cooperation
c. mutual respect
d. peaceful manner
VI. Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one:
36. As soon as you arrive, give me a call.
a. Give me a call immediately on arrival.
b. Wait until I call you to arrive.
c. I will phone you on my arrival.
d. Whenever you call me, I will arrive.
37. Lucy always reminds me of my youngest sister.
a. My youngest sister's name is Lucy.
b. Whenever I see Lucy, I think of my youngest sister.
c. It is Lucy who is my youngest sister.
d. I always think of Lucy, my youngest sister.
38. By the time we finished our work, Peter had already gone home.
a. Peter did not go home until we finished our work.
b. As soon as we finished our work, we would go home with Peter.
c. We finished our work before Peter went home.
d. Peter had gone home before we finished our work.
39. It has been years since I last ate fish.
a. I have not eaten fish for years.
b. For many years, I have eaten only fish.
c. I like eating fish for years.
d. It is fish that I have eaten for many years.
40. It will not be long until he is at the meeting.
a. It will take him a long time to attend the meeting.
b. He will be at the meeting soon.
c. The meeting will last for a long time.
d. He has been at the meeting for a long time.
|Câu||Ghi chú||Câu||Ghi chú|
|1. d||/æ/, còn lại: /eɪ/||21. a|
|2. a||/ʒ/, còn lại: /s/||22. b|
|3. c||/ə/, còn lại: /ʌ/||23. c|
|4. c||/θ/, còn lại: /ð/||24. a|
|5. b||/ʌ/, còn lại: /aʊ/||25. b|
|6. b||/ˈprəʊɡres/||26. D||the smallest|
|7. d||/dəˈmestɪk/||27. C||diverse|
|8. c||/ˈæɡrɪkʌltʃə(r)/||28. D||is|
|9. a||/kəˈθɒləsɪzəm/||29. A||popular|
|10. b||/ˈestɪmət/||30. C||which|
|11. b||31. d||Dẫn chứng: “The Association of Southeast Asian Nations or ASEAN was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok by the five original Member Countries, namely, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. Brunei joined on 8 January 1984, Vietnam on 28 July 1995, Lao PDR and Myanmar on 23 July 1997, and Cambodia on 30 April 1999.”|
|12. b||32. c||Dẫn chứng: “Declaration states that the aims and purposes of the Association are:…”|
|13. b||33. c||Dẫn chứng: “The ASEAN Vision 2020, adopted by the ASEAN Leaders on the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN, agreed on a shared vision of ASEAN as a concert of Southeast Asian nations…”|
|14. a||34. b||Dẫn chứng: “ASEAN Member Countries have adopted the following fundamental principles in their relations with one another, as contained in the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia…”|
|15. c||accelerate: thúc đẩy, đẩy nhanh;||35. a||Dẫn chứng: “…non-interference in the internal affairs of one another…”|
|16. b||36. a|
|17. a||aim = goal: mục tiêu;||37. b|
|18. c||diverse = various: phong phú, đa dạng;||38. d|
|19. b||manufacture = produce;||39. a|
|20. d||socio-economic: thuộc kinh tế - xã hội;||40. b|
Các bài soạn | giải bài tập | để học tốt tiếng Anh 12 Unit 16 khác:
- Mục lục full
- Unit 16: The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
Ngân hàng trắc nghiệm miễn phí ôn thi THPT Quốc Gia tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
- Hơn 75.000 câu trắc nghiệm Toán có đáp án
- Hơn 50.000 câu trắc nghiệm Hóa có đáp án chi tiết
- Gần 40.000 câu trắc nghiệm Vật lý có đáp án
- Hơn 50.000 câu trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh có đáp án
- Kho trắc nghiệm các môn khác
GIẢM GIÁ 75% KHÓA HỌC VIETJACK HỖ TRỢ DỊCH COVID
Tổng hợp các video dạy học từ các giáo viên giỏi nhất - CHỈ TỪ 399K tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
Tổng đài hỗ trợ đăng ký khóa học: 084 283 45 85