Bài tập Unit 4 lớp 12
Unit 4 lớp 12: School Education System
Bài tập Unit 4 lớp 12
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. a. acdemic b. grde c. behve d. examintion
2. a. wheer b. maematics c. meod d. esis
3. a. chse b. schl c. gd d. sn
4. a. strggle b. pblish c. complsory d. curriclum
5. a. eduation b. ertificate c. ore d. obstales
II. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest:
6. a. separate b. parallel c. national d. statistic
7. a. magazine b. engineer c. government d. entertain
8. a. primary b. favourite c. effective d. organise
9. a. eleven b. history c. nursery d. different
10. a. consider b. similar c. actually d. carefully
III. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase:
11. He ___________ to report for duty at 7 o’clock.
a. already told b. has already told
c. was already told d. had already been told
12. We have had our car ___________ so we need a lift.
a. stolen b. to be solen
c. was stolen d. have been stolen
13. It’s a difficult problem. It needs __________ about very carefully.
a. to think b. thinking
c. being thought d. to be thinking
14. Thirty workers are reported _____________ in the explosion.
a. to injure b. to have injured
c. to have been injured d. to be injured
15. There was a fight at the party but nobody _____________.
a. got hurt b. was being hurt
c. have been hurt d. gets being hurt
16. As an _______, Mr. James is very worried about the increasing of juvenile delinquency.
a. educate b. education c. educator d. educative
17. In England, primary education is provided by state schools run by the government and by _______ fee-paying schools.
a. independent b. independently
c. depended d. independence
18. The United Nations Secretary-General has often spoken of the need for individual _______ and human rights in his speeches.
a. free b. freedom c. freely d. freeing
19. A/an _______ is an official document stating that you have passed an examination, completed a course, or achieved some necessary qualifications.
a. certificate b. requirement c. education d. test
20. Wayne is trying his best to study in hope that he will _______ fame and fortune in the near future.
a. lose b. run c. move d. achieve
IV. Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase:
Children in (21) _____ Netherlands must be at least four years old to (22) _____ primary education. Almost all 4-year-olds (99.3%) in the country indeed attend primary school, (23) _____ this is not compulsory until children reach the age (24) _____ 5. Primary school is free of charge. In most schools, children are grouped by (25) _____ in mixed ability classes, with one teacher for all subjects. Primary school (26) _____ of 8 groups, thus schooling (27) _____ for 8 years. During the first two years, which (28) _____ kindergarten, children receive an average of 22 hours of (29) _____, during the last 6 years children receive an average of 25 hours per week. Schools are open 5 days a week, but children are free on Wednesday afternoon. At the end of primary school, or in group 8, schools advice on secondary school choice. Most schools use a national test to support this advice, for instance the “Citotoets”, a test (30) ____ by the Central Institute for Test development.
21. a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
22. a. afford b. enter c. come d. run
23. a. although b. despite c. in spite d. due to
24. a. of b. on c. in d. for
25. a. old b. elderly c. aging d. age
26. a. includes b. contains c. consists d. composes
27. a. spends b. lasts c. lengthens d. takes
28. a. also called b. is also called c. is called also d. is also calling
29. a. educate b. educative c. educator d. education
30. a. develop b. to develop c. developed d. developing
V. Read the two passages carefully and choose the correct answer:
In developing countries, people are sometimes unaware of the importance of education, and there is economic pressure from those parents who prioritize their children's, making money in the short term over any long-term benefits of education. Recent studies on child labor and, poverty have suggested that when poor families reach a certain economic threshold where families are able to provide for their basic needs, parents return their children to school. This has been found to be true, once the threshold has been breached, even if the potential economic value of the children's work has increased since their return to school.
Other problems are that teachers are often paid less than other professions; a lack of good universities and a low acceptance rate for good universities are evident in countries with a relatively high population density.
India has launched EDUSAT, an education satellite that can reach remote parts of the country at a greatly reduced cost. There is also ail initiative supported by several major corporations to develop a $100 laptop. The laptops have been available since 2007. The laptops, sold at cost, will enable developing countries to give their children a digital education. In Africa, an "e-school program" has been launched to provide all 600,000 primary and high schools with computer equipment, learning materials and internet access within 10 years. Volunteer groups are working to give more individuals opportunity to receive education in developing countries through such programs as the Perpetual Education Fund. An International Development Agency project started with the support of American President Bill Clinton uses the Internet to allow co-operation by individuals on issues of social development.
(*) Từ mới:
threshold: bước đầu, ngưỡng cửa;
breach: phá vỡ;
evident: hiển nhiên, rõ rệt;
initiative: bước đầu, sự khởi đầu, sáng kiến;
31. In developing countries, ___________________.
a. people all know that education is very important all the time
b. all parents are rich enough to send their children to school
c. children have rights to get high schooling
d. children have to work instead of going to school
32. According to recent studies, when parents are able to overcome their financial difficulty, _________________________.
a. they send their children back to school
b. they still make their children continue working
c. they have their children work even harder
d. they themselves continue their schooling
33. In populous countries, ______________________.
a. teaching is the highest-paid career
b. there are a lot of good universities
c. there is a lack of good universities
d. no other careers are better paid than teaching
34. The third paragraph is about ____________________.
a. an Indian education satellite
b. the projects to computerize education in developing countries
c. the computerization of African education
d. President Bill Clinton who bought a lot of computers
35. How many projects are presented in the third paragraph?
a. One b. Two c. Three d. Four
VI. Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words or phrases:
36. For a long time the earth was believed to be flat.
For a long time people _______________________________________.
37. They decided to demolish the old threatre.
They decided that ___________________________________________.
38. She likes people to call her “star”.
She likes __________________________________________________.
39. He was seen to pick up the wallet.
40. This box is cleared twice a day by the postman.
The postman _______________________________________________.
|16||c||36||For a long time people believed that the earth was flat.|
|17||a||37||They decided that the old theatre should be demolished.|
|18||b||38||She likes to be called “star”.|
|19||a||39||People saw him pick up the wallet.|
|20||d||40||The postman clears this box twice a day.|
Các bài soạn Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 4 lớp 12: School Education System khác:
Ngân hàng trắc nghiệm miễn phí ôn thi THPT Quốc Gia tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
- Hơn 75.000 câu trắc nghiệm Toán có đáp án
- Hơn 50.000 câu trắc nghiệm Hóa có đáp án chi tiết
- Gần 40.000 câu trắc nghiệm Vật lý có đáp án
- Hơn 50.000 câu trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh có đáp án
- Kho trắc nghiệm các môn khác
GIẢM GIÁ 75% KHÓA HỌC VIETJACK HỖ TRỢ DỊCH COVID
Tổng hợp các video dạy học từ các giáo viên giỏi nhất - CHỈ TỪ 399K tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
Tổng đài hỗ trợ đăng ký khóa học: 084 283 45 85