Đề thi Giữa học kì 2 Tiếng Anh 9 mới có đáp án (Đề 2)
Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Giữa học kì 2
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút
I. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern.
II. Complete the sentences with the words from the box. Use each word once only.
1. The________ of Apollo 11 was to land two men on the lunar surface and return them safely to Earth.
2. Was Viet Nam’s first telecom satellite Vinasat-l put into ________on April 18th, 2008?
3. Sally Ride became the first American woman ________ to fly in space in 1983 when she was 32 years old.
4. In __________, astronauts can move things that weigh hundreds of pounds with just the tips of their fingers.
5. Quang is interested in _________ . He can spend hours studying the sun, moon, stars and planets.
6. The tail of a_________ can extend over 84 million miles, nearly the distance between the earth and the sun.
7. The_________ of Apollo 13 was delayed from March 12th to April 11th, 1970 to give the new prime crew more time to train.
8. People _________ in space because there is no gravity to pull them towards anything.
9. This_______ was worn by astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first human to set foot on the Moon.
10. The mission not only taught NASA about Venus, but also how to__________ a spacecraft far from Earth.
III. Put the verbs in brackets in the past simple tense or past perfect tense.
1. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (collect)________ some moon dust samples before they (return) _________ to Earth.
2. By the time Yang Liwei (become)________ the first person sent into space by the Chinese space program in 2003, NASA already (send) ________ over 100 people.
3. After the spaceship Soyuz 37 (be) __________ in orbit around the earth, Pham Tuan and Viktor Gorbatko (conduct)_________ some experiments.
4. When we (arrive)________ in Kennedy Space Center, the space shuttle already (launch) ________ into space.
5. Dennis Tito already (complete)_______ 900 hours of training by the time he (fly) ________into space in 2001.
IV. Choose the best answer in the brackets to complete the following sentences.
1. The student (who / whom / x) was selected to join the space program is my brother’s friend.
2. They showed me the place (when / which / x) the spaceship landed last week.
3. David introduced me to the woman (whom / whose / x) husband is working for NASA.
4. The astronomer (which / whose / x) you want to meet is going to present a paper at the conference next Friday.
5. The twenty-ninth of May is the day (that / which /x) our astronauts will be returning home.
6. The man with (who / whom / x) Mr. Khoa is talking has flown into space three times.
7. The satellite (where / that / x) was launched into space yesterday belongs to Viet Nam.
8. The space age began in 1957 (when / which / x) the Soviet Union launched Sputnik 1, the world’s first man-made satellite.
9. An astronaut is a person (whom / that / x) travels in a spacecraft into outer space.
10. The book (who / where / x) I’m reading is about the history of space exploration.
V. Choose the correct option A, B, C, or D to complete the sentences.
1. The first _______ was done by Alexei Leonov, a Russian cosmonaut on March 18th, 1965. It was 10 minutes long.
2. The Milky Way is just a ______ in the universe and it contains our Solar System.
3. Christer Fuglesang said he enjoyed floating around in the _____ environment.
4. NASA is now working hard to _____ whether there is life on Mars.
5. The closest potentially _______ planet ever found has been spotted by Australian scientists, ant it’s just 14 light-years away.
6. As soon as the spacecraft________ into space, the crew started to observe the sun.
B. Was travelling
C. Has travelled
D. Had travelled
7. The launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavour _____ broadcast live this morning.
B. had been
C. has been
D. was being
8. Do you want to meet my colleague ______ son Is training to be an astronaut?
9. The mission ______ they are talking about plans to send humans to Mars by 2030.
10. The Astronauts Memorial Foundation honors all American astronauts ________ have lost their lives while on missions or in training.
VI. Fill each blank with a suitable word to complete the following passage.
Space exploration is the investigation of the universe beyond the Earth’s atmosphere, by (1) ________ of manned or unmanned spacecraft. Despite the technological advancements achieved in the past, space exploration was only (2) _______ until the 20th century. The first successful orbital launch was made by the Soviet Union in 1957 which was called “Sputnik”. When the topic “SPACE EXPLORATION” is put (3)_______ the table, a question has often been asked: “Why should we spend money on NASA while there are so (4) _______ problems here on Earth?” However, this might be partially wrong since exploring the unknown may help us progress.
The advantages of space exploration include the materials (5) ________ can be obtained from outer space. For instance, asteroids have iron and nickel which could be utilized to satisfy the (6) ________ for metal. Therefore, numerous commercial companies have invested in developing technology for asteroid mining. Several comets and asteroids (7) ________ solid water in them. This water can be used for astronauts and scientists in space stations. The water can also be broken down to hydrogen which can be used as (8) ______ for the rockets. Scientists also believe that dinosaurs disappeared because they couldn’t go to (9) ________ planet. Sooner or later a killer comet will again cross Earth’s path, threatening all life. Fortunately, (10) _________we have knowledge about comets and space science, we will be able to survive.
VII. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
Where will you go on your next vacation? Disneyland? Sea World? Outer space?
That’s right; tourists are now paying big bucks to travel into space with astronauts! The first space tourist was Dennis Tito, an American businessman. In 2001, he paid about $20 million to ride on a Russian rocket to the International Space Station. The Space Station circles 220 miles above Earth. Tito stayed on the station for a week, hanging out with astronauts and eating space food. The latest space tourist was Anousheh Ansari, an Iranian-born woman from the United States who went to the Space Station in mid-September 2006.
How safe is space travel? Apart from the risk of crashing, space tourists have some special things to worry about. Earth’s atmosphere protects us from dangerous radiation from the sun. Space travelers are exposed to more of the sun’s rays. But for tourists spending only a few days or weeks in space, the radiation probably isn’t harmful.
A bigger problem might be space sickness. Without Earth’s gravity to hold them down, visitors to the Space Station float around inside the craft. It may look like fun on TV, but it can make first-time space travelers dizzy and sick. Luckily, the sickness usually wears off quickly. Then space tourists can enjoy their trip and the amazing view of Earth.
1. Traveling to space _____.
A. Will be available to everyone
B. Is not expensive
C. Will be limited to the very wealthy
D. Will be limited to the very poor
2. While in outer space it is likely that people will _____.
A. Experience space sickness
B. Not need space suits
C. Will get a sunburn
D. Make side trips to Mars
3. It is probably so expensive to travel to space because_____.
A. Astronauts want to make a lot of money
B. Astronaut food is very expensive
C. Space equipment and fuel is expensive
D. There are high taxes on space travel
4. This passage is ____.
A. A poem
C. a biography
5. Why are space travelers exposed to more radiation?
A. Their spacesuits are too thin to protect them.
B. They lack protection provided by Earth’s atmosphere.
C. They stay in the space for such a long time.
D. They float around inside the craft and have space sickness.
VIII. Each sentence below contains an error. Underline it and write the correct answer in the space provided.
1. The astronaut visited our school yesterday morning has flown into space four times.
2. Pham Tuan had been awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union after returning from space.
3. The site which the space shuttle is going to be launched next week attracts a lot of visitors.
4. When Alan Shepard travelled into space in May 1961, Yuri Gagarin became the first person in space on April 12th, 1961.
5. The rocks my father always carries them in his bag came from outer space.
IX. Join each pair of sentences into one, using the prompts provided.
1. We are meeting an astronomer tonight. This astronomer has discovered three Earth-like planets.
→ The astronomer ___________________________________________
2. Dennis Tito became the first space tourist in 2001. Anousheh Ansari travelled into space as a tourist in 2006.
→ When Anousheh Ansari _______________________________________
3. I’m reading an article. The article is about NASA’s plans to return humans to the moon.
→ I’m reading _______________________________________________
4. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted an American flag on the moon. They spoke to President Richard Nixon after that.
→ Before Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin ___________________________
5. Last week they visited a museum. The first artificial satellite is on display there. Last week they ___________________________________________
X. Use the ideas below to write a paragraph of around 100 words about the benefits of space exploration.
• Might find new minerals, precious materials sometimes → make our lives easier
• Bring smart people work together → result in fantastic scientific discoveries, useful inventions
• Colonise other plants, make atmosphere suitable for human life
1. C 2. B 3. D 4. A 5. C
1. had collected – returned
2. became – had already sent
3. had been – conducted
4. arrived – had already launched
5. had already completed – flew
1. B 2. D 3. C 4. A 5. B
6. D 7. A 8. C 9. D 10. B
1. C 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. B
1. visited → 1/visiting/who visiting
2. had been → 2/was
3. which → 3/where
4. became → 4/ had become
5. them → 5/ Ø
1. The astronomer who / whom/ that / x we are meeting tonight has discovered three Earth-like planets.
2. When Anousheh Ansari travelled into space as a tourist in 2006, Dennis Tito had become the first space tourist in 2001.
3. I’m reading an article which / that is about NASA’s plans to return humans to the moon.
4. Before Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin spoke to President Richard Nixon, they had planted an American flag on the moon.
. Last week they visited a museum where the first artificial satellite is on display.
People have spent a lot of money on space travel because it brings us many benefits. First of all, through space missions, we might find new minerals and precious materials in other planets that could make our lives much easier. Secondly, space exploration brings together a lot of smart people from many different fields to work on the same problem. This has resulted in not only fantastic scientific discoveries but also many useful inventions. Thirdly, as our Earth is becoming overpopulated, we might be able to colonise other planets such as Mars and make their atmosphere suitable for human life. In conclusion, people are continuing exploring space because of its advantages. (111 words)
Các đề kiểm tra, đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới có đáp án khác:
Ngân hàng trắc nghiệm lớp 9 tại khoahoc.vietjack.com
GIẢM GIÁ 75% KHÓA HỌC VIETJACK HỖ TRỢ DỊCH COVID
Phụ huynh đăng ký mua khóa học lớp 9 cho con, được tặng miễn phí khóa ôn thi học kì. Cha mẹ hãy đăng ký học thử cho con và được tư vấn miễn phí. Đăng ký ngay!
Tổng đài hỗ trợ đăng ký khóa học: 084 283 45 85
Đã có app VietJack trên điện thoại, giải bài tập SGK, SBT Soạn văn, Văn mẫu, Thi online, Bài giảng....miễn phí. Tải ngay ứng dụng trên Android và iOS.
Loạt bài Đề kiểm tra Hóa 9 Học kì 1 và Học kì 2 gồm các đề kiểm tra 15 phút, 1 tiết, đề kiểm tra học kì được biên soạn bám sát cấu trúc ra đề kiểm tra mới gồm phần Tự luận và Trắc nghiệm giúp bạn giành được điểm cao trong các bài thi và bài kiểm tra Hóa học lớp 9 hơn.
Nếu thấy hay, hãy động viên và chia sẻ nhé! Các bình luận không phù hợp với nội quy bình luận trang web sẽ bị cấm bình luận vĩnh viễn.
Nhóm hỏi bài 2k6